• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whitechocolate
    I know you said you don't want typical boxes, but here's what I did: I bought a set of 3 boxes nested inside each other. I stacked them so the largest was on the bottom, going up to the smallest box on the top. I cut a slit in the top of the first box, then cut out most of the bottom of the first box, the top and bottom of the second box, and the top of the bottom box. This allows the cards to fall all the way through and have room. I bought "paradise" calendars for $1 each at Michaels, tore the pictures out, and tore each picture into scraps. I used Mod Podge to decoupage the scraps of the calendar pictures onto each box. The top tier had scraps from the sky, the middle tier had scraps from the sand, and the bottom tier had scraps from the water parts of the pictures. So, while it is somehwat of a typical tiered box, it is totally unique the way I decorated it and I love it :) Not sure if I can post photos, but I'll try!

I love the 3-tier idea with sky, sand, and sea- so creative!

#12 amyrot

amyrot
    • 188 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
      I know you said you don't want typical boxes, but here's what I did: I bought a set of 3 boxes nested inside each other. I stacked them so the largest was on the bottom, going up to the smallest box on the top. I cut a slit in the top of the first box, then cut out most of the bottom of the first box, the top and bottom of the second box, and the top of the bottom box. This allows the cards to fall all the way through and have room. I bought "paradise" calendars for $1 each at Michaels, tore the pictures out, and tore each picture into scraps. I used Mod Podge to decoupage the scraps of the calendar pictures onto each box. The top tier had scraps from the sky, the middle tier had scraps from the sand, and the bottom tier had scraps from the water parts of the pictures. So, while it is somehwat of a typical tiered box, it is totally unique the way I decorated it and I love it :) Not sure if I can post photos, but I'll try!
      wow that is just an awesome idea!

#13 shellk

shellk
      • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:46 AM

Quote:
        what a great idea thanks

#14 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
        • 734 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

Is anyone using a card holder that's not a box but a satin bag? I'm really not sure what to bring and what is easiest to transport.

I feel that even if people don't give a gift they will still give a card full of well wishes.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing.
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
          http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#15 Princess402

Princess402
          • 737 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

This isn't very "beachy" but I really like this card holder, it's by Cathy's Concepts:

Click the image to open in full size.

#16 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
            • 282 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

i like it! I'm still wondering how I'm getting all this stuff to Jamaica lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users