Sign in to follow this  
Debbi803

Card Box Ideas?

What are you using/did you use for a card box with the DW beach wedding theme? I'm thinking of perhaps a tall lantern that opens to place a candle inside, but just not sure. I don't want to use the traditional boxes or bird cages. Does anyone have ideas of something they made or purchased (and where)?

I saw that one, too, Megan. I just thought it was a bit pricey and was hoping to find something a little less expensive. Thanks!!!!

I really like those and once I looked at the price and looked back at the product, I thought I bet I can make that for like $30! Especially since I didn't really see the colors that I am intersted in. I know that Ross sells boxes similar to that and put a huge pretty ribbon around all three and even glue the bottom of the top two to keep it in line and put a whole in the center. Heck you could even tie it with a personalized ribbon!! lol I am always looking for DIY ideas and thanks for the inspiration! xoxo

Side note: attended a wedding last Saturday and they are missing several cards from the box sad.gif Might be a good idea to have a sober reliable person keep an eye on the card boxes since that is a horrible thing to happen, especially since it is your special day that you spend so much time on planning and would hate to realize one of your guests is a clepto! sad.gif xoxo best wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marise View Post
I found these really cute card gift boxes on an ebay store. It really doesn't have anything to do with a beach wedding but I think they can add seashells and decorations to make it look more beachy. The website is:

eBay Store - The Wedding Main St: wedding card box, money holder, cake top topper
These are so cute! I'm thinking of making something similiar using wrapping paper and ribbons.

I know you said you don't want typical boxes, but here's what I did: I bought a set of 3 boxes nested inside each other. I stacked them so the largest was on the bottom, going up to the smallest box on the top. I cut a slit in the top of the first box, then cut out most of the bottom of the first box, the top and bottom of the second box, and the top of the bottom box. This allows the cards to fall all the way through and have room. I bought "paradise" calendars for $1 each at Michaels, tore the pictures out, and tore each picture into scraps. I used Mod Podge to decoupage the scraps of the calendar pictures onto each box. The top tier had scraps from the sky, the middle tier had scraps from the sand, and the bottom tier had scraps from the water parts of the pictures. So, while it is somehwat of a typical tiered box, it is totally unique the way I decorated it and I love it :) Not sure if I can post photos, but I'll try!