Photo

posting grooms deceased mother in program??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gail

Gail
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

What is the proper way to list my fi mother who has passed in program? Do I list under paarents name or just put his dads name? I am doing fan program and do have poem on i fan in memory of her.
    Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:06 PM

Most of the weddings I've been do usually do list the parent who passed.
      I think something appropraite would the "the late Jane Doe" or even listing their name and putting RIP after.

#3 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
      • 387 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

Does your FI have an opinion on it? I will be putting "the late" in front of my Daddy's name in our programs, under "Bride's Parents". I would think the small number of guests that we will all have at our DWs would know if a parent is deceased, so you don't necessarily have to indicate that in your programs if you don't want to. Best of luck. Your wedding's less than a month away! Yea!
        Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#4 Gail

Gail
        • 358 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

he is not sure, just didn't know if her name should go there or not. don't want to leave it out but not sure of PropER way. thanks

#5 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
          • Banned
          • 3,479 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

What about putting the fathers name and then under it put "In loving memory of..(mom's name).." so you include her. I think RIP looks a little morbid after the name, but "the late" is a good choice too.

#6 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
            • 387 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hi Gail. I found this link today and thought I'd pass it along:

Wedding Programs - program wording for deceased grooms parents - Your #1 Christian Bride Magazine Online! sponsored by ForeverWed.com

Hope this helps:)
              Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#7 Gail

Gail
              • 358 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mrsrhbtobe
                thank you so much. she has just recently passed. so this is a bitter sweet time. they are really having a hard time, so trying to handle it right- trying not to leave her out but not to upset everyone more

#8 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                • 1,565 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

i don't think there is a protocol. it is whatever you two find fitting. I have seen it mentioned in the program with and without saying they have passed. I have seen photos of them at the table, candles in an etched glass holder with their name on there, place settings for the ones passed, you name it.

whatever you do to remember her will be much appreciated i am sure :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users