My FI wants the 2005 Tag Kirium watch. Laura B (in all her fabness) found this for me on ebay.

eBay: 37%OFF NEW TAG HEUER KIRIUM AUTO SS WATCH WL5118.BA0700 (item 230131978999 end time May-28-07 20:10:05 PDT)

It is just what he wants but I'm super scared to buy it from ebay. I've bought stuff on there before, but never something so big. I can't go to a normal jewelry store to get the watch bc Tag stopped making them and they aren't even in their 2006 or 2007 catalogs.

I emailed the company to make sure this is the 2005 model and they emailed me right back confirming it is.

Will you guys tell me this is ok? I need reassurance.

I think your ok with this one. They have had over 3000+ sales and all came back with 100% positive feedback. I didn't read them, but you could probably look over several of them to see if you notice consistencies in the feedback. Also, if you do the Paypal thing and have the Paypal funds taken out of a credit/debit card on your account, you should be covered for any issues. Plus, if you're really concerned about it, you could ask the seller to ship it a specific way to you (insured, requiring a signature, etc...). Just make sure they do *not* ship anything through USPS.... they like to advertise they have tracking numbers, but the USPS tracking numbers aren't for a specific package- it's just for the pallet the package was on (along with dozens of other packages). Tell them to ship either UPS, DHL or Fed-Ex...

Also ebay protects you. If you are not satisfied you have the right to a refund on certain items. So read the sellers reture policy and check with ebay on jewlery refunds and returens. BF purchased rims for his car and had no issure. they were expensive. i buy from ebay all the time. Even concert tickets and have had no problems./ I hope this helps

Looks like a good seller to me. Its very difficult to have over 3,000 positive feedbacks if you are not a reputable dealer.

I would just ask about warranty information. Sometimes a warranty is not valid if an item is not purchased from an authorized dealer.

Ask about return policies also just in case something is not right when you get the watch.

Other than that, I would have no problems buying from that seller myself.

Are you going to get it Kate?

I find a lot of eBay sellers will do almost anything to avoid the negative reviews because it takes only a few sour reviews to ruin it for them. Although, I once had a seller write me (well... Aaron, but same thing! lol) complaining about shipping to Canada. We asked before we put in a bid if he'd ship to Canada and he agreed. Well, it turned out to be a huge hassle for him, and he wrote us a super long e-mail about every little problem he bumped into. He ended the e-mail with "I'm never shipping internationally again. I know this isn't your fault, but I just had to vent". I was kind of shocked - it's not like any retailer you'd visit in person would/should do that!!! lol - we thought it was funny, but if I cared enough, I would have written a negative review. I don't care about the hassle you went through... we both agreed to that sale knowing the terms. Oh well!

Lol, sorry for the hijack. I think that seller is safe. That is A LOT of positive reviews.

I got it! I emailed them a couple of times with questions and they emailed me back right away. I checked out their website, return policy, warranty. And, since FI wants the 2005 model I don't really have other options like local jewelers. I'll let you all know how it goes.