• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amarillis
    the foam letters did not fall off.... even after a wash in the dishwasher when we returned!

you'll find them at dollarama in the scrapbooking section!
    Awesome! Thanks!!! I have a dollarama right around the corner, I'll start stocking up! The foam letters looked really nice on your mugs!

#22 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
    • 444 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

Great ideas ladies! I have a comment about the beaded charms...I made wine glass charms during christmas for FIs family and bought earrings from Michael's instead of using wire. In my opinion it might be easier because you dont need to worry about cutting and tying string/wire. Just a thought to save you some time...

The earring-type things are called "Findings". I dont know much about making jewelry but there is a whole section of findings in Michaels, AC Moore and JoAnn Fabrics. please PM if you want to see an example.

#23 jackobelle

jackobelle
      • 359 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
        Great ideas ladies! I have a comment about the beaded charms...I made wine glass charms during christmas for FIs family and bought earrings from Michael's instead of using wire. In my opinion it might be easier because you dont need to worry about cutting and tying string/wire. Just a thought to save you some time...

The earring-type things are called "Findings". I dont know much about making jewelry but there is a whole section of findings in Michaels, AC Moore and JoAnn Fabrics. please PM if you want to see an example.
        Wow!! That is so creative and such a great idea! :)

#24 erinleigh

erinleigh
        • 316 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cassondra2009

That's a really great idea! Do you have any pictures??

#25 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
          • 444 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

Unfortunately my camera cord is MIA so I can't upload any pics at the moment. I searched on the AC Moore website and found the earring-things I used to make them.

Here's a link to the webpage...I used the round ones on the top row and they worked out great. They fit very well on the wine glasses.

A.C. Moore - Fresh Metal Findings-Earrings 30/Pkg

#26 ashey063009

ashey063009
            • 604 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

Found a PHENOMENAL deal on 18oz stadium cups today while shopping with my sister-- bought sparkly scrapbook stickers for the girls, and Army black for the boys.

FI, MOH and I decorated the cups and they look great! So excited, thanks for all this tips girl. Will upload a photo ASAP

#27 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
              • 406 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

Sounds awesome, Ashely. Can't wait to see a pic!

#28 Amarillis

Amarillis
                • 1,913 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ashey063009
                  Found a PHENOMENAL deal on 18oz stadium cups today while shopping with my sister-- bought sparkly scrapbook stickers for the girls, and Army black for the boys.

FI, MOH and I decorated the cups and they look great! So excited, thanks for all this tips girl. Will upload a photo ASAP
                  Can't wait to see the pics!!

awesome that you found a great deal!

#29 smith3576

smith3576
                  • 290 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on using a travel mug vs using just a larger plastic cup? We found a great deal on them ($2 for 8 for a large plastic cup) but they don't have a lid or a handle. Has anyone used just cups and not actual travel mugs? Are the lids and handles really necessary? Thanks!
                    We're married! Jamie

#30 jackobelle

jackobelle
                    • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

My FI just went to a DW that used plastic cups instead of insulated travel mugs. He said the problem with them was that they didn't keep the drinks cold, and not many people ended up using them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users