Photo

How long Did it take you to get Pro Pics?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kits55

Kits55
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hi Girls:

I am curious to see how long it takes most DW photogs to get all of the pictures to you. I used a photog that had never done a DW before and photograhy is not his full time job. He has now been home for 3 weeks but his latest said he was beat but was still working on it. I'm not sure if this is a normal length of time so I thought I'd start a poll!

#2 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

We were told that it usually takes our photographer 4-6 weeks, but she told us that she was likely working more on the 6 week end of things. She emailed us a few times to update how things were coming along which I really appreciated but the anticipation was killing me! It ended up being 6 weeks, but they were definitely worth the wait!
    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#3 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think I waited 3 months for my photos. It was the longest 3 months ever, but totally worth the wait. I know you want them back ASAP, just remember you probably have hundreds of photos he/she needs to edit.

#4 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
      • 687 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

I'm at week 3 here, patiently waiting. They told me 4-5 weeks and have been aware that we need them before 7 weeks, when we have our AHR. It is really hard waiting!!!!
        Photography by Tamm's Photos
        http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

Processing digital pictures takes a lot of time. This is also the busy season for wedding photographers.

photographers also do varying amount of work on the pictures. Some just do the most basic color correcting and others fine tune each picture individually.

#6 Kits55

Kits55
          • 607 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

OK, I'll have more patience. I am just so excited to get them and even though I love the pictures our guests took I"m DYING to see our pro pics! He knows that we have our AHR on the 30th so I think he's going to try to get them to us before then. That would be 5 weeks after the wedding. He also knows that we're moving to South Africa in the middle of June so if he wants us to buy an album we need to have enough time to get it!

#7 Kits55

Kits55
          • 607 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Now i'm really disappointed because I emailed my photog yesterday and he said it normally takes 6 weeks an album to come in. So now I either lose $500 which was our deposit that was supposed to be applied towards an album or pay an arm and a leg for shipping to South Africa. I thought maybe we could just buy a parent's album for my parents since they put the deposit down but he said we have to order at least a bridal album before we can order a parent's album.

Also he had said in a previous email (about 2 months before our wedding) that we would have our pictures before the May 30th reception and now that's a no go. He even admitted that he hasn't done any more since May 2 at all!! But he's still taking weekends off to go and shoot his nude models. I am pretty disappointed because he doesn't seem to care at all about getting our pictures done.

#8 beach2009

beach2009
          • 299 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

That sux about the delay. Have you asked your photog to pay for the shipping to South Africa since he couldn't meet the original date, May 30th? Hope you can work something out.

#9 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

I would ask him to pay shipping to SA! Well, do you have this in a contract or just voiced?

If he were to send it through USPS in an international flat rate box it would only cost $40 to SF. We shipped alot to Botswana, and much much more when we came home!

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

nude models?

you don't sound like you were too happy with your photographer

I'm glad to see a USPS international box is only $40. Will that help your problem?

he said it takes 6 weeks to get the album from the time it is ordered? he needs a new album company. I got mine in about a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users