Photo

LOVING Vallarta Palace and PV!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Queenie77

Queenie77
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi all! Russ and I decided not to cancel our wedding plans and to continue forward with our wedding at Vallarta Palace on May 16th in Nuevo Vallarta. We are SO glad we did - things couldn't be better!

The hotel at first was at 5% occupancy, so things were very quiet. Service has been amazing at the hotel property - and everything about it is beautiful and relaxing. Our guests have started arriving, and there is another wedding party - so there are more people around now... but it's still probably only 30% occupancy at the point. The hotel has thrown in many perks for our guests - upgrades to the Concierge level for everyone, $250 spa credit, $250 golf credit. Everyone is having a great time, and they are thrilled about the unexpected extras.

We have done the Canopy Tour (fantastic) and Rhythms of the Night (a must see.) I would suggest venturing out to do either one if you have the time during your wedding stay or honeymoon. We got a ton of great photos from both outings, and I was even brave enough to wrap a snake around my head for a memorable pic!

Based upon our group bookings, the hotel is picking up the cost of our stay for the week, and giving us unlimited private receptions. So tonight we're doing a welcome cocktail reception, tomorrow a rehearsal dinner, a reception after the ceremony Saturday, and a farewell brunch Sunday. I have never been so happy with our decision to do a DW, and just wanted to share with everyone that things are gorgeous in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta... so for all you PV & NV brides - you'll love it!

#2 nikkigard

nikkigard
    • 200 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

Wow!! That sounds amazing!!

#3 edna

edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Is great to hear everything coming out great for you!!!

Happy wedding on Saturday!! And don't forget pics and review for us!!!

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Queenie77
          Hi all! Russ and I decided not to cancel our wedding plans and to continue forward with our wedding at Vallarta Palace on May 16th in Nuevo Vallarta. We are SO glad we did - things couldn't be better!

The hotel at first was at 5% occupancy, so things were very quiet. Service has been amazing at the hotel property - and everything about it is beautiful and relaxing. Our guests have started arriving, and there is another wedding party - so there are more people around now... but it's still probably only 30% occupancy at the point. The hotel has thrown in many perks for our guests - upgrades to the Concierge level for everyone, $250 spa credit, $250 golf credit. Everyone is having a great time, and they are thrilled about the unexpected extras.

We have done the Canopy Tour (fantastic) and Rhythms of the Night (a must see.) I would suggest venturing out to do either one if you have the time during your wedding stay or honeymoon. We got a ton of great photos from both outings, and I was even brave enough to wrap a snake around my head for a memorable pic!

Based upon our group bookings, the hotel is picking up the cost of our stay for the week, and giving us unlimited private receptions. So tonight we're doing a welcome cocktail reception, tomorrow a rehearsal dinner, a reception after the ceremony Saturday, and a farewell brunch Sunday. I have never been so happy with our decision to do a DW, and just wanted to share with everyone that things are gorgeous in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta... so for all you PV & NV brides - you'll love it!
          Thank you for writing this - I could yak until I'm blue in the face about how great it is down here right now, but it doesn't mean squat compared to an actual bride . Poor Vallarta has been hit so hard this month with untrue bad press, that EVERYBODY are doing somersaults to see any tourists at all :).
          p.s. and, of course, why am I not surprised to see comments from E and N? :):) awesome :):):).

#5 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
          • 202 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

I wanted to take this opportunity to say I was in PV from April 29-May 4. It was gorgeous and wonderful. Everyone was so nice and friendly. No swine flue scare or masks!

Back on subject -- I am so glad you decided to go and are having a great time - CONGRATS!

#6 LaBre

LaBre
            • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

That's outstanding Queenie!! So glad you're having an amazing time!
              LaBre
              23 Nov 09

#7 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing time!

#8 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,490 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

AWESOME! We loved the Vallarta Palace too! We didn't get married there but had our group stay there...actually, I am working on my review tonight...with a few pics!

#9 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                  • 698 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the update! So glad to hear that things are going as plan, plus the perks!!! that's always good!

We leave on Wednesday and can't wait to be there already :0)

#10 H&F

H&F
                    • 361 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so sad to here about how poor PV is taking such a hit. That's why I keep telling all of my guests that I'm so proud to have a DW wedding in Mexico-- b/c I want them all to fall in love as much as I have with Mexico and the people of Mexico! I can't wait to get down there for our wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users