Photo

Music for ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
  • 929 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Just wondering what everyone is doing for music for the ceremony. The only thing we have chosen is the song for the processional (Somewhere over the Rainbow.) Does anyone have any suggestions of songs for the recessional, etc? I kinda want to keep with the hawaiian or tropical feel. Also, how are you playing the music (Ipod, stereo, venue's systems, etc?) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!!

#2 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

There are TONS of threads on this and one big one with a huge selection of songs. You should use the search on the right of your screen to search i'm sure you'll find lots.

Here's one of them but there are lost of others... http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7159

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

if you search through this thread you should find some ideas
        http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t985
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Ayita

Ayita
        • 861 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

or

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32896

#5 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
          • 223 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

My wedding coordinator's husband plays guitar... Jamie Lawerence. He will be playing at our ceremony. He plays hawaiian music as well as modern. We are going to have him learn a special Elvis tune for the walk up the aisle, and have a modern tune for our first dance. The rest will be Hawaiian tunes. He's pretty reasonably priced for two hours of play time.

You can hear some of his music on their website:
            Tropical Maui Weddings provides Maui Wedding Planning Services

For our reception, we will be playing a pre-arrange mix of music off an iPod using a Logitech travel speaker.

Basically, you just have to pick what music you like... pretty much anything goes now adays. :)

Good Luck!

#6 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
            • 929 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for the ideas ladies. The reason I started a new thread was b/c I was looking for ideas on authentic Hawaiian music. I have several ideas on beachy music, I just wanted to hear from some fellow Hawaii brides on their music selections. I might check into the guitar website to see about their prices. Thanks again!

#7 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
              • 929 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

Ladies,

I hope I didn't come of as being snotty on the above post. I just don't want people to think I started a frivolous thread; I do really appreciate all the help & recommendations to other threads!!! Thanks girls

#8 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

Through our wedding planners we hired a guitarist to play on the beach while I was walking down the "aisle" etc. I think he played for about an hour. In all honesty I can't even remember what songs he did.. but he was good! :)

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kstinson1503
                    Thanks for the ideas ladies. The reason I started a new thread was b/c I was looking for ideas on authentic Hawaiian music. I have several ideas on beachy music, I just wanted to hear from some fellow Hawaii brides on their music selections. I might check into the guitar website to see about their prices. Thanks again!
                    i didnt know you meant authentic hawaiian music. i just saw hawaiian or tropical, so i thought that thread would help.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
                    • 929 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

Danielle,

I do appreicate very much your recommeding the threads to look through. We may end up using some of those beachy/tropical kinds of songs too. We are using the famous "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by the hawaiian IZ & we thought we would try to stick with songs that are similar to that (with the ukelele maybe.) So, please know that I do truly appreciate all the suggestions!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users