Photo

Monogrammed Beach Towels - What should I put on them

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

Just a thought...I would use a beach towel with pretty much anything written/embroidered on it. (As long as its appropriate!) I don't think a beach towel is something that your guests wouldn't use in the future...I think you should put whatever you want on it!! I probably wouldnt put a 3 ft monogram or anything, but something small and tasteful will be great, personalized or not. Hope that helps!

#12 Divine Embroidery

Divine Embroidery
    • 46 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by marny61
      We are thinking about monogram beach towels for the OOT bags - not sure of the design but did think about putting the location - Playa del Secreto and the year....felt that this way folks would get more use out of them. Wondering if anyone has found a towel site to order from with good prices and quality. I read somewhere that the velour towels are better to monogram - not sure if that is true or not.
      Velour is a lot better to embroider. Terry towels can get a lot of pulls in them in a machine. Also from everyday use the terry towels don't last as long the can get pulls easily and it runs across the whole towel. Sort of like pantyhose. When you get a runner in your stocking. But velour towels don't do that. One side of the towel is sort of like a terry towel with little hoops but the embroidered side is real smooth and makes the towel look a lot richer. And when it comes to embroidering them they get no pulls and look great. Hope this helps you.

Shana Merl
      Divine Enmbroidery

#13 marny61

marny61
      • 165 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the info - I am glad to know we are on the right track!

#14 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

I'm sure there is another thread on here but...where are ya'll ordering your beach towels from. I think I've decided on velour, just want to get some ideas of good places to purchase!
          Thanks a million

#15 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
          • 445 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

I have some velour ones I ordered from Sew Divine Embroidery on this thread.

Check out my towels! I love them and can't wait to give them out.
            My towell thread

I can't wait to see my guests expressions. Here is a link to all my items in my bags. I just didn't have the towels when I took the photos.
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t37779

#16 Jenamie

Jenamie
            • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

I'm only giving towls to the attendence
              And they have a beach chair with there name under them

#17 Jenamie

Jenamie
              • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Divine Embroidery
                Velour is a lot better to embroider. Terry towels can get a lot of pulls in them in a machine. Also from everyday use the terry towels don't last as long the can get pulls easily and it runs across the whole towel. Sort of like pantyhose. When you get a runner in your stocking. But velour towels don't do that. One side of the towel is sort of like a terry towel with little hoops but the embroidered side is real smooth and makes the towel look a lot richer. And when it comes to embroidering them they get no pulls and look great. Hope this helps you.

Shana Merl
                Divine Enmbroidery

What whould you advise with a bathing suit, should I send it to get embroidered or would it be fine with iorn ons?

I want to put "just married" on the back of my bathing suit but I'm not sure what would be best or would last at threw out my two week honeymoon...

#18 Divine Embroidery

Divine Embroidery
                • 46 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jenamie
                  What whould you advise with a bathing suit, should I send it to get embroidered or would it be fine with iorn ons?

I want to put "just married" on the back of my bathing suit but I'm not sure what would be best or would last at threw out my two week honeymoon...
                  I would think that a iron on would be better for a bathing suit. Reason being a bathing suit is very stretchy material. When I put any material on my machine I have to stretch it to make it tight. Bathing suit material gets weaker while it is stretched out. I would hate to take a chance with my machine to make holes in that kind of material. Especially for your honeymoon. But here's an idea. I can do beach cover-ups. I do, do a lot of strapless beach cover-ups. Popular sayings brides have done are "Taken" on the but or just married on the front. Check the link below for pics. If your interested.
                  Pictures by shanamerl - Photobucket
                  Shana
                  Sew Divine Embroidery

#19 terri1225

terri1225
                  • 184 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for all the great ideas!!!
                    52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users