any punta cana resorts better for families?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blueandy1601

• 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

we have been looking at the majestic colonial to get married at. this is a second wedding for both of us and i have an 8 year old son from my first marriage who is coming with us. that being said - i was hoping for a 1 bedroom or some kind of suite that would give us a bit of privacy - basically so we dont all have to sleep in the same room as each other 6 " apart. as well - i think i read somewhere that the colonial does not allow children in the sit down/alacarte resturants. so the dinner in either resturant they offer with the wedding package would not work for us. i do not want to go through the buffet line in my wedding gown . so we would have to do a private dinner which again adds on extra costs

we want to get married there is thats like 1750 us plus 55 a head to have dinner - eckkk - thats no photographer, or extra flowers or drinks - sigh - everything is getting so expensive

does anyone know if there are other resorts that are more family friendly?

thanks for you help :)

#2 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Check out the Melia Caribe Tropical which is huge, family oriented for one section and all the kids I saw seemed to be loving every minute.

Melia Caribe Tropical | Punta Cana All Inclusive Resorts, Dominican Republic

I do reccomend that if you go there, you stay in Royal Service, much nicer rooms and amenities. Also, they have a free wedding package for 12 guests with the basics you can add onto if you book Royal Service. I just posted a review of our DW there (http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42288). Also, I heard the Riu complex and Gran Bahia Principe are pretty great if you have kids.

#3 foxytv

• VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

Paradisus Punta Cana - fabulous for kids!

#4 khomac

• 380 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

I'm having my wedding at the Majestic, with kids. We are eating in the steakhouse (NO EXTRA COST YAY!). the steakhouse it not completely private, but they do block off a section for you and the other hotel guests don't sit near you.

Is this the restaurant that you are talking about that doesn't allow kids? There are 5 sit down restaurants, and the buffet. I believe you can have your reception dinner at any of these restaurants. Let me know if this is not the case.

Good luck!
          Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#5 La Romana Stacey

La Romana Stacey
          • 107 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

The Ocean Sands and Ocean Blue resorts are great for all ages. They also have tons of activites.

#6 KristinaM

• VIP Member
            • 3,082 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Dreams Punta Cana was very family friendly and from what I saw and heard the kids club seemed awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users