Help with reception Ideas from Brilliant ladies of BDW

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 M9w3h6

• 37 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

Hello ladies,
    I really need your help. I am getting married 10/24/09 at ROR and am trying to figure out the best idea for reception etc... the ceromony is at 4, i would like to have a reception after dinner and I am tryiing to figure out what is the best option for me we have 37 people that have booked I am working on a $2,500 $3000 at max dollar budget for dj, reception decoration flowers,cermony etc... can you girls please help me pick a location poolside, plantation, etc,... I already have the firdancers booked which were 350.00 so I am really need help for a nice event for my guest on a tight budget. Thank in advance. Another problem is dancers start at 8:30 becausethey have a show to do at 9:30

#2 Jill

• 113 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

I did poolside so I can only comment on that, but it was amazing. We did the dinner and everything there but you can also just do danicng after dinner there which is 10/person (I believe) that includes open bar, tables set up with white linen and candle on table. They will move your flowers to this spot from Ceremony. The DJ is $150/hour, no matter where you have your reception you will pay that for the dj, so I guess you just need to decide if you want to pay $10 per person for the poolside or beach....

#3 Scott-Pierre

• 456 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I think that Plantation is only if you are planning to do dinner and the reception there. That is $55/pp. I don't think anyone has just had a reception there. I guess you could always ask if that is an option. The firedancers might be nice on the beach, so you could do your reception at the seagrape.

#4 jennifer24

• 50 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

I had 34 guests at my wedding. We had dinner at Mammee Bay, which was awesome and then we booked the Disco for a private party. The DJ and bartender are included and the cost is $250. We had a GREAT time. I would recommend this option for sure.

#5 m_willis22

• 123 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

i am having dinner at mammee bay, which is include. then having a poolside reception. the dj is $250p/hour i think and the open bar, chairs and tables are $15p/person. i have the poolside from 830-1100.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users