Dreams425 Dreams Tulum Review 4/25/09

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Soon2beTWells

Soon2beTWells
  • Banned
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

Thank you for the review, you looked stunning!

#32 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
    • 347 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Congrats love the pics. Thanks for the review.

#33 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jennyatk
      wow everything looked wonderful! You and your husband looked so relaxed in your pics! I'm glad everything turned out. I was wondering if you have any suggestion on what to do about the front desk issues. Should I talk to my TA and get a game plan. Because I know something will be messed up and it is just nice to be prepared. Thanks and again everything looked wonderful!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dreams425
      My recommendation is to speak with your Travel Agent about what is acceptable for you and what is not. For example my parents were not willing to sleep in a double bed and they thought they were booked in a king. So part of our problem was lack of communication from our TA. Just make sure you clarify with your TA and have them communicate it to the resort. Tell them you do not want any surprises upon check in. I would also take any confirmation emails from the resort to your TA if they will give them to you. Also keep in mind that even though our trip started off really rocky everything works out, hopefully by the end of the week it will seem far away from your thoughts :)
      just a quick note about this topic. dreams does not guarantee types of beds (like king) UNLESS you book a room that specifically has king beds (like honeymoon suites). i tell all my clients if they MUST have a king bed then they better book the room that has the king beds. We can request certain bed preferences but that is just a request. Dreams is very accomodating so they will always try to satisfy their guests. If i have clients that really want a king bed but don't want to pay for the room with the king bed, i put the request in but also tell my clients that when they check in to remind the receptionist (nicely) that they requested a king bed.

they are NOT obligated to give you one so if you go in with an attitude of entitlement you probably lessen your chances of getting what you want.

it is too bad your TA told your parents that they were confirmed in a king bed because there really is no way to confirm it except to book the rooms with the king beds. I book ALOT with dreams and they always bend over backwards for my clients BUT even i don't promise that you will get your bed preference unless you pay for it.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#34 northernflasher

northernflasher
      • 499 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tammy Host
        just a quick note about this topic. dreams does not guarantee types of beds (like king) UNLESS you book a room that specifically has king beds (like honeymoon suites). i tell all my clients if they MUST have a king bed then they better book the room that has the king beds. We can request certain bed preferences but that is just a request. Dreams is very accomodating so they will always try to satisfy their guests. If i have clients that really want a king bed but don't want to pay for the room with the king bed, i put the request in but also tell my clients that when they check in to remind the receptionist (nicely) that they requested a king bed.

they are NOT obligated to give you one so if you go in with an attitude of entitlement you probably lessen your chances of getting what you want.

it is too bad your TA told your parents that they were confirmed in a king bed because there really is no way to confirm it except to book the rooms with the king beds. I book ALOT with dreams and they always bend over backwards for my clients BUT even i don't promise that you will get your bed preference unless you pay for it.
        Thanks so much for your input on this topic as it has got me quite worried. Does this apply to your preference of twin rooms versus doubles also. We have several people sharing that require twin bedded rooms (parents with children, friends rather than couples etc) and now im worried that we will have to go through all this at check in. Any further feedback on this would be appreciated. Sorry to hijack the thread...
        Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#35 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
        • 1,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

Congratulations! Sounds like your wedding was a complete success! Thanks for sharing your review

#36 mmontgo

mmontgo
          • 191 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for all the info!

#37 ddk5576

ddk5576
            • 209 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Thank you for the post! This is the first time I have seen someone mention a DJ, so great great! Thanks again! Everything looked absolutely beautiful! Excellent job! :)

#38 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
              • 184 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:54 AM

sounds like your wedding was awesome. Can't wait for mine!

#39 shoyum

shoyum
                • 159 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

Great review!! Thanks for being so detailed. Sounds beautiful!

#40 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
                  • 223 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

Wow. Great review. Loved all the details.

You looked amazing and so happy. Everything seemed to have a special touch to it. I especially appreciated your bouquet. It was gorgeous. I can't believe you brought all your table linens and such!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users