Sign in to follow this  
~*Lisa*~

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

Okay I need to vent too. I am tall with broad shoulders and curves. UGH I am always referred to as Amazon women which people think is a compliment but it just makes me feel like I am a big women like Brooke Hogan. So because of this thread I am trying to embrace the curves. I have been working out so hard so I can fit into dresses at the wedding shop because I am terrified they wont carry my size. But like you all say regardless of what they carry, dresses are not made for curvy girls. After seeing Lisa's pictures you look so beautiful I really don't think it matters what size you are on your wedding day, its the happiness that shows through. So I am changing my thinking and weight loss will be a bonus but I will not feel like it is essential! Thank you!

AHH!! That's so great to hear! I'm glad that we can help out! :) We stick together, that's what us curvy girls do!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciousmi811 View Post
Okay I need to vent too. I am tall with broad shoulders and curves. UGH I am always referred to as Amazon women which people think is a compliment but it just makes me feel like I am a big women like Brooke Hogan. So because of this thread I am trying to embrace the curves. I have been working out so hard so I can fit into dresses at the wedding shop because I am terrified they wont carry my size. But like you all say regardless of what they carry, dresses are not made for curvy girls. After seeing Lisa's pictures you look so beautiful I really don't think it matters what size you are on your wedding day, its the happiness that shows through. So I am changing my thinking and weight loss will be a bonus but I will not feel like it is essential! Thank you!

SPANX! Not too sure about these. Seeing as I'm just more than "slightly" overweight, I don't think they'll hide my curves, I have too many of them! lol Addition-Elle here in Canada sells them...maybe I'll check them out!

Thanks so much for the packing tips ladies! Great suggestions. On my previous 2 trips, I also came back with clothes that I didn't wear and brought stuff like jean shorts - not this time! I need the lightest stuff possible, that's for sure! I bought this cute dress at Wal-Mart last night which is super light and was only $18! Man, I love that place! lol

I also bought a dress at Walmart last night for $15 bucks!! Woo-hoo!

As for spanks..I hate them...They didn't suck me in enough and they gave me bad back rolls...LOL

JoLo, i bought spanx with the intention of using them for the wedding, but honestly i scrapped the idea. my dress was a-line, so you couldn't really see the stuff that i need smoothed anyway (from the waist down, lol). besides, once the thought: "how the hell am i going to pee?!?!" occurred to me, i knew i couldn't wear them--i had the high-waisted ones that go up to your boobs and come down to mid-thigh, and i had one of those long bridal bras on too ... i would have had to have gotten completely undressed to go!

in the end, i strangely never peed all day anyway, lol! too much SWEATING!

LOL Lisa I am hoping I am like you that day..I went to pick up my dress yesterday and MY sister was like, How are you going to Peehuh.gif It's is SOOO big & Fluffy..LOL

I love it though. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
LOL Lisa I am hoping I am like you that day..I went to pick up my dress yesterday and MY sister was like, How are you going to Peehuh.gif It's is SOOO big & Fluffy..LOL
I love it though. :)
Isn't that what the bridesmaids are for?? LOL I actually saw a picture on a respectible wedding forum (possibly the Knot) where they showed the bridesmaids helping the bride hold her dress up! Now that is true friendship.

Lisaloo - I love your dress it looks great on you!!! How lucky you are to have your aunt make it for you!

I also LOVE spanx! I couldn't live without them. I don't wear them every day, but I do wear them whenever I wear a dress. I have the high waisted ones so you don't get the 'overhang' at the waistline. Oprah wears them all the time too! They really hide trouble spots in dresses, but the other reason I love them so much is they prevent the painful rash I get when my thighs rub together when wearing a dress.

On the topic of that awful thigh rash - I don't know what I'll do in Cuba for the wedding. I want to wear cute sundresses and coverups during the day, but it will be way too hot for spanx! Any ideas on how to prevent the 'thigh friction irritation'?

I'm 5'1" and my waist is about a size 9/10 but I have a 14" difference between waist and hips. I have to buy a size 14 petite in pants for work because otherwise they're too tight in the thighs, but even the petite pants are too long for me! I hate going shopping for pants!