Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hey Everyone,

I was looking for some nice stuff for GM and groom..any suggestions
    Amanda Bullard

#2 kdown224

kdown224
    • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! My FI and I are getting married on July 6th in Jamaica at the Riu Ocho Rios.

I ordered a "ready wear" shirt for my fiance, a custom shirt for my 10 year old son and a custom flower girl dress for my daughter from IslandImporter.com. They are based in Oregon and have several styles and colors that are ready to wear, but you can also request custom sizes and colors from them as well. Ryan in Customer Service has been great to work with throughout the process, and their prices are very decent.

#3 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

kdown - your wedding is coming up so soon! Congrats!

I was wondering how the quality was on the stuff you ordered from islandimporter? I'm thinking about ordering the guys some of the linen shirts, but was worried about the quality and fit. Any insight or comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks a million!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kdown224
        I ordered a "ready wear" shirt for my fiance, a custom shirt for my 10 year old son and a custom flower girl dress for my daughter from IslandImporter.com. They are based in Oregon and have several styles and colors that are ready to wear, but you can also request custom sizes and colors from them as well. Ryan in Customer Service has been great to work with throughout the process, and their prices are very decent.

#4 lmuze

lmuze
        • 457 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

I too will like to know how you found the quality of items from islandimporter. The pictures look great!

kdown224, all the best i see your bid day is approaching fast. I hope your day is all that you dreamt to be, all the best and congratulations!

#5 julia313

julia313
          • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

I am going with Linen pants and either a Hawaiin shirt or light blue linen button down shirt.

#6 koolatta

koolatta
            • 321 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

I'm debating between linen pants and shirt or khaki pants and a colored button down shirt (probably orange since orange, yellow and tan are my colors)
              http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#7 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
              • 456 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

My fiance got a linen suit that is a similar shade of ivory as my dress. Our dads and best man are going to wear linen as well, but in a tan or khaki shade.

#8 cpark

cpark
                • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

My fiance bought a white linen suit and will be wearing an orange shirt underneath the jacket. The groomsmen are wearing the same white pants and shirt but W/O the jacket. I didn't think it was a good idea initially but my boy (s) look outstanding as they all can pull it off.

#9 drucky14

drucky14
                  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

I was going to try and look for some kind of linen suit. My FI colors are black and hot pink so I was thinking a black linen suit of some kind with a hot pink shirt underneath for the groomsmen and an off white shirt underneath for myself.

The problem is where to try and look for a black linen suit?

#10 autjo

autjo
                    • 2,182 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

I bought FIs suit from here. We got khaki, but they have black linen too.
                      Black Linen Suits [Black Linen Suit] - $99.00 : Studiosuits.com, Custom Suits | Designer Suits

It is made in India and is currently sitting in customs in New York so hopefully we will have it in the next couple of weeks. I'll post some pics once it comes in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users