Photo

Tattoo's in your wedding photos?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 bride7474

bride7474
  • 582 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

I have a bit of a dilemma. One of my bridesmaids has a couple of tattoos on her shoulders and she just got one on her wrist and is talking about getting another tattoo. I don't have anything against tattoos, but I'm not sure I want all of the tattoos showing in the wedding pictures. How do you guys recommend I approach the situation?

#2 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
    • 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

Ah thats tough... is she a really close friend... does she need to be in the party? in my personal opinion... i think its kind of unique and if that is who she is than that is who she is... ALSO.. i have seen a bride who had a full sleeve of tattoos on one arm and u couldnt tell because most of the pictures were taken from the opposite angle...

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
      All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#3 soccergurl3

soccergurl3
      • 232 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

They actually have cover up makeup kits specifically for tattoos that you can buy.

#4 bride7474

bride7474
        • 582 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

She is a very close friend and I don't have anything against tattoos at all! I have a tattoo on my hip, and my FI has many tattoos, but all of ours (and everyone else in the wedding party) will have theirs covered. I thought about getting a dress that covered the shoulders, but I am having a beach wedding and I don't want them to be uncomfortable, you know? It's a tough one!

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

You could talk to her about it...she may be willing to cover them up for the wedding. But if not, then you'll have to live with it!! Like Jax said, maybe you can arrange to have her pose a certain way so they (or most of them!) cannot be seen!

#6 bride7474

bride7474
            • 582 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

I've thought about asking her to cover them, but she is very easily offended and I don't want to make her feel bad. It's not that I have anything against her tattoos. I just don't want them in the photos!

#7 KristinaM

KristinaM
              • VIP Member
              • 3,082 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
              • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

Agreed with the other girls... that could get a little sticky.

Is she the type of person that would get defensive or insulted? Or do you think she'd be ok with it?

Maybe you can even mention it to the photographer to try to catch her at certain angles that hide them?

#8 bride7474

bride7474
              • 582 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

I think I might talk to the photographer about it!

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

Just photoshop them out!!! But let her know you are going to do this, or else she might get upset you are "changing" her!!

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hmmmm, I might be in the minority here, but I don't really think there is anything you can do. I think that there are some things in our weddings that we just can't control. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking my friend to change/cover up something that is part of who they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users