Photo

2010 prices/ best deal?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

I was just wondering if any canadians were able to get prices yet for 2010 (March)? Also how would you suggest to get the lowest price? Talk to a few different TAs and see who offers the best deal? What about online TAs? I don't know if I trust booking a group wedding that way though...

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Travel agency who gives a great price or group discount?

Thanks!

:) Jackie

#2 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
    • 199 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

We got prices for Jan 2010 - we had quite a few different TA's quoting us and most will price match so we went back and forth a few times. I am pretty sure that prices are up on selloffvacations.com - to give you an idea of what you might pay - of course group rates are about 10% cheaper. I don't have a TA to recommend as I live in Winnipeg and our TA works out of her home. If you have any other questions just let me know and I will do my best to help. Happy Planning.
      http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#3 K'osh

K'osh
      • 269 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Question to you ladies...I don't really understand the group booking. The price I got quoted doesn't apply to all my guests...therefore some may be paying a higher price than others....what happens if the plane is booked if some people leave it to last minute...does that mean they fly down on their own? I'm just a little confused on what the bonus is by getting a "group rate".
        http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#4 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
        • 199 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

You get a group rate if you have 10 or more adults going (and willing to get their deposits in at the same time) - it typically results in a savings of 10%. For example the prices on sell off vacations are about $100 more per person than what we are paying - make sense?

#5 jackobelle

jackobelle
          • 359 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

Thanks, I guess the 2010 prices are out since I last checked. I better get to some TAs for quotes soon!

#6 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
            • 199 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Good Luck :)

#7 ~Angela~

~Angela~
              • 4,172 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

I got quotes for July 2010 from Toronto to Cabo ...

$1800 for the Riu Palace
                $1920 for Dreams

Both are based on double occupancy. I have only spoke with one travel agent; Megan from Weddings By Oceans in Richmond Hill, an agency that apparently specializes in DWs.

#8 jackobelle

jackobelle
                • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:54 PM

I spoke to a couple different TAs and they said that all the 2010 contracts are not finished yet so the prices quoted now may be inflated. She said you won't have the early booking bonus yet, or group rates until mid-late may.

#9 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
                  • 199 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

We got the EBB and our price is locked in just to let you know.

#10 msemi305

msemi305
                    • 162 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Hey Ladies,
                      I am March 20 2010 and I have prices right now, I sent out my save the dates with all the information and the requirment of people to be booked by the end of April. I went with a travel agent who is a good friend so I trust she is giving me the best price. We apply for all the early booking bonuses and hopefully more as when the actual prices for 2010 come out we are planing on trying to get some more free stuff. If you have any questions let me know - Happy Planning !

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users