13 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

"As seen in "O Magazine"...

Click the image to open in full size.

Has anyone used these?? Did they work?? I was considering getting them for at least myself and maybe my bridesmaids (if they were cheaper I'd get them for all the OOT bags but they're $16/pair) - we're all going over on a choppy boat ride to the wedding site (Las Caletas). I could take Dramamine, but I don't wanna get sleepy (they have the non-drowsy kind but not sure about that either). Anyways, if this works I'll totally be willing to fork over the money for me and my bridal party not to get seasick! But wanted to get some feedback first, and see if any of y'all have used this while on a boat. (The first time I went on the boat to LC I was fine, the second time the water was choppier and I nearly tossed my cookies)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

btw - found a better deal on Drugstore.com - $13/pair (save $3). Will keep searching for better deals. If I could get them around $10 I might get some extra pairs for other people (like my grandparents - am worried about them getting seasick!)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
      • 888 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

I bought them at Walgreens. I believe they were about $10 a pair, and they helped when I was feeling a little seasick on our cruise. If you want to go another way, I would suggest Bonine over Dramamine. Works better and doesn't make you pass out.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

glad to hear they helped you! thanks :)

is bonine the non-drowsy form of dramamine? I think that may be what they carry on the boat... but i've heard it can still make you sleepy..? since it's my wedding day and i'll be super nervous and probably take an anxiety pill i don't really want to be mixing stuff, ya know?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#5 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

They don't work for me the only thing that does is Stugeron think you can get it anywhere and it doesn't make you drowsy - i swear by it

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

Harty - never heard of Stugeron... wonder if there's a different name for it here in the U.S.?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#7 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Ive never seen or heard of those before, I'd like to see if they work. I'm horrible with motion sickness. When DH and I went on a cruise to Hawaii, one of the cab drivers on Maui told us to go look for ginger candy bc the seas were going to be rough that day..I went crazy looking for this candy. I finally found it and boy was he right about the seas. It worked! Something in ginger that takes away motion sickness..

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Ginger - I've read about that too. But not Ginger candy - sounds interesting! Wonder if ginger pills work also..

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Just an FYI for the future. Ginger is supposed to help with Morning sickness as well.

#10 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

The bands are actuallly cute. MY FI used some otehr kind when went on a cruise in 05 and he said they worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users