Jump to content

Photo

VENT: Step mom says, "They might not make it"


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 cougs

cougs

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

    Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

    so happy to hear that, hamster!!! when is the wedding?

    #22 *New* Mrs. G

    *New* Mrs. G
    • Jr. Member
    • 226 posts

      Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:32 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mummergirl
      so happy to hear that, hamster!!! when is the wedding?
      Thursday, January 21st 2010

      #23 *New* Mrs. G

      *New* Mrs. G
      • Jr. Member
      • 226 posts

        Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

        UPDATE

        They're not coming citing financial difficulties. It hasn't sunk in yet, I'm still trying to absorb the news. He told FI & I in the restaurant and TOLD ME NOT TO BE UPSET AT HIM!!

        I'm sad, angry, disappointed and deeply hurt. I feel that I'm not important to him or a priority. As I've said in a previous post, they've known about this since June 2008 (1 year & 4 months). Since we got engaged, they bought a manufactured home and a tent trailer.

        I'm trying not to be upset at someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about the most important day in my life. FI and I are totally doing our DW our way and I'm going to ask my godfather to give me away. I know he'll be tickled pink to do it. If my dad figures out a way to come, he can sit and watch for all I care.

        I'm sorry for my babbling post. I'm experiencing so many emotions now I don't know where to start. Thanks for listening ladies.

        #24 Lady_Di

        Lady_Di
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,078 posts

          Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Future Mrs. G
          UPDATE

          They're not coming citing financial difficulties. It hasn't sunk in yet, I'm still trying to absorb the news. He told FI & I in the restaurant and TOLD ME NOT TO BE UPSET AT HIM!!

          I'm sad, angry, disappointed and deeply hurt. I feel that I'm not important to him or a priority. As I've said in a previous post, they've known about this since June 2008 (1 year & 4 months). Since we got engaged, they bought a manufactured home and a tent trailer.

          I'm trying not to be upset at someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about the most important day in my life. FI and I are totally doing our DW our way and I'm going to ask my godfather to give me away. I know he'll be tickled pink to do it. If my dad figures out a way to come, he can sit and watch for all I care.

          I'm sorry for my babbling post. I'm experiencing so many emotions now I don't know where to start. Thanks for listening ladies.
          gosh, im so sorry to hear that! is there a way for you guys to pay for his trip?

          #25 *New* Mrs. G

          *New* Mrs. G
          • Jr. Member
          • 226 posts

            Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:49 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lady_Di
            gosh, im so sorry to hear that! is there a way for you guys to pay for his trip?
            We could and FI offered, but that is not something I want to do. That would just absolve him of any responsibility and commitment to me as a father. Even if we did pay, who knows if they would actually show up?!?! I have visions of SM at the last minute pulling some stunt and he wouldn't show up. My mom contributed money towards the wedding and she would be very upset with me if I paid for his trip.

            The way I see it, he made that choice and he has to live with it. We're not going to let it ruin our day!

            #26 Lady_Di

            Lady_Di
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,078 posts

              Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Future Mrs. G
              We could and FI offered, but that is not something I want to do. That would just absolve him of any responsibility and commitment to me as a father. Even if we did pay, who knows if they would actually show up?!?! I have visions of SM at the last minute pulling some stunt and he wouldn't show up. My mom contributed money towards the wedding and she would be very upset with me if I paid for his trip.

              The way I see it, he made that choice and he has to live with it. We're not going to let it ruin our day!
              That does make sense. He will regret it when he sees your godfather giving you away! Enjoy your wedding day, no matter what!

              #27 pineapple princess

              pineapple princess
              • Jr. Member
              • 168 posts

                Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

                OMG! this is just awful. at the end of the day though - he will have more regrets then you. i am glad that you are both sticking to what you want to do. i keep trying to tell myself, this is just one day.

                you will have the rest of your life to spend with the people that cannot make it. all in though, my heart is breaking. i would feel just like you do.
                "Formerly goNDmay9"
                "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
                http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

                #28 Preciousmi811

                Preciousmi811
                • Jr. Member
                • 342 posts

                  Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

                  Stick to your guns girl your doing the right thing. It will be a stress free day for you and you will have someone you can depend on and someone who clearly loves you walking you down the aisle. I know it hurts but don't give step mother that kind of power of you.
                  One Love

                  ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

                  Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

                  #29 *New* Mrs. G

                  *New* Mrs. G
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 226 posts

                    Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

                    Thanks for your kind words ladies, it means a lot. Yesterday before bed was tough. My mind was wandering & I kept thinking about the whole mess and getting upset. I finally had to play solitaire & mahjong until I fell asleep from exhaustion.

                    My dad & I have had a good relationship up until he told me they weren't coming & FI is still pissed off. I actually called him an a**hole today. Now I have no urge to speak to my dad or SM. I feel if I do, I'm going to say things they may not expect me to say and they'll never talk to me again.

                    Frankly I don't want to invite them to my shower (SM obviously) or the AHR if we have one. What do you think? Should I still invite them?

                    I'm done my rant for today, thank you for listening.

                    #30 *Meagan*

                    *Meagan*
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,521 posts

                      Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

                      totally sucks. Im soo sorry you are going through this. Keep your head up!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users