Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

First/1st Anniversary Gifts: What was yours?

I am thread-jacking the original post (which actually appears to be the 3rd post, weird!), so gather all the anniversary threads in one place. Please feel free to add your ideas and gifts!

that is really cute! your mom will love it :)

what did Shawn get you? PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, it was my 1 year anniversary last weekend and my husband did a really good job on my gift. That sparked a conversation with my father. He will be celebrating his 31st wedding anniversary with my dearest mother on May 6th. Their modern gift idea is a timepiece. Well that sparked an idea in my husbands head. He said that he was originally going to get me a sundial, but we don't have the space or a garden to put it in. Well, my parents certainly do. So, dad and I went on an internet hunt for cool ones today... we found this one and we LOVE it!!

Click the image to open in full size.

isn't it so perfect? The inscription just works out lovely!!!

So anyways, I just thought I'd share because it would also work for a one year gift and I seriously think it's adorable!

Hmmm... I have no idea how your posts are before mine... I'm going to say witch craft.

As for what Shawn got me, I will try and remember to take a picture. It's a round crystal thing with a clock face imbedded in it. And then he has it inscribed with "Year 1 of forever. 4-11-2009"

It's really beautiful and I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Hmmm... I have no idea how your posts are before mine... I'm going to say witch craft.
right? that was spooky

As for what Shawn got me, I will try and remember to take a picture. It's a round crystal thing with a clock face imbedded in it. And then he has it inscribed with "Year 1 of forever. 4-11-2009"
It's really beautiful and I love it!
take a pic it sounds really neat!! i love the engraving - so sweet :)

I got Will "tickets" which was paper, we went to a red sox game. I have to start thinking about year two because we won't be together for our anniversary.

and this whole posts being out of order thing is really strange, its happening more and more lately.

Is returning to the location of your DW possible? Or what about a weekend getaway? What about a spa date?

Next month we are returning to Jamaica with family & friends who were there with us for the wedding & we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary then.

Since we knew we weren't going back to Jamaica until June, we took advantage of a great sale & booked a cruise that sailed 1 week before our anniversary.

On the actual day of our anniversary, I surprised DH & booked us a couples massage at a spa. I figured a couples massage would be a great treat for both of us.

After our massage we were able to lounge around the spa & enjoy their sauna's/steam rooms & hot tubs. It was a very relaxing & quiet day. After that we went to lunch & that was about it.

What exactly did you have in mind & are you trying to surprise DW or are you both planning this together?

Okay, I'm editing this cuz I just looked & saw that you were married in Cancun so I'm thinking that a return to MX wouldn't be on your agenda right now due to the swine flu scare.

But a trip someplace else you guys always wanted to go would also be a great surprise, even if its just for the weekend.

Well we would of LOVED to go back to Jamaica but that was not financially feasible for us. So instead we went to a super fancy restaurant together and it was super romantic. And then we got TATTOOS. I posted my tattoo in the other thread. But we did something to remember our wedding. The coordinates to the beach we married on. Not super extravagant anniversary but something I'll always remember. We hope to go back to Jamaica for anniversary's but for now we just did something small.

I decided to google this & these ideas came up. Hopefully they are not too corny for you!

A Man’s Guide to Anniversary Planning

How to Celebrate your Anniversary

First Anniversary Ideas and Gifts

How cute, personalized M&M's! I would never have thought of that idea for an anniversary:

My M&M's® - Personalized Anniversary Candy Message Gifts

Anyway, I hope that these helped in some way since I couldn't think of anything else more creative!