Last minute guests and not enough OOT bags

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike-n-Em

• 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

So I have a problem, we leave in two days, and we just had three more rooms booked in the last two days by people who didn't think they could come. That means that I don't have enough OOT bags. What should I do? Do I get them something else? What do I get?

#2 FoxyBride

• 609 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

I would say try to get something together for them if you can. Maybe pick up a few things from Target, but don't stress yourself out over it. Plus the bags don't have to be the same as everyone else's. I doubt they will compare them like kids to Halloween loot like "What'd you get?" They know they only booked with a few days left and that can cause inconveniences like this so if their bag isn't as spiffy, they know why.

#3 lakerbride

• 153 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

ouch! can you rearrange some of your other bags and give couples one bag only? or maybe some of your closest family will be willing to wait until they get back home for theirs? I know, not the same

#4 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

I agree with Foxybride.. don't kill yourself over trying to get them comparable bags with comparable contents. Go to the dollar store, Target, etc.. and get what you can find. IMHO, it's not very considerate to decide at the last minute that you are coming to someone's wedding and expect to have the same arrangements made (if they are expecting that... which they may not be). I am sure that they will appreciative of whatever you are able to put together.

#5 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

I agree with sunsetbride. You put an RSVP date out there for a reason. If people decide to book late, then oh well. Don't kill yourself. If anyone decided to book now, with us leaving in 20 days, I would not get more stuff IMHO....I just have no room left in my luggage!

#6 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

Yeah maybe you can buy similar items and the bag can be different.

#7 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

I had some last minute guests come too. I think I needed like 19 OOT Bags and most of what I had purchased was for 20 or 24. I just threw what I had left into a bag. I did pick up some small items at Target while I was there, but didn't make any special trips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users