Destination Wedding in the works...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 jenniferstratton

• 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

welcome to the forum! This place is an awesome resource!
    Fit for 2010!

#12 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
    • 217 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

Welcome to the forum! Mexico is definitely a popular destination... there are many beautiful boutique and resort hotels along with a well developed destination wedding industry (hence you can get things done). As well Mexico is easily accessible from the states. I hope you have a successful planning experience and are able to find vendors you require to make your day amazing!

#13 beach2009

• 299 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Congrats & welcome!

#14 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

congrats and welcome to the forum, there is lots of useful information to help you to decide your destination and to help you with your planning.

#15 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:52 PM

congrats its great fun.set a budget keep check of it and no matter what no excuses don,t go over it.if you go to a riu resort they have hotels ranging from 5 star to 3 star.therefore it makes it cheaper for them if they want to stay in a cheaper hotel.or get married in a cheaper hotel and move to a really nice hotel for you honeymoon?

#16 melette

• 893 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tisha316
              Hey everyone...i am new to this site and newly engaged on the 27th of March. I plan to have a destination wedding, but i need some help and guidance of how I can make this happen while keeping it affordable and make sure my friends and family can afford it. if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!!
              first things first. set your budget--and stick to it. i highly recommend purchasing a wedding planner.
              Complete Wedding Planner & Organizer, Elizabeth Lluch, Book - Barnes & Noble

since purchasing mine, it has kept me so organized. the best thing about it is it has a budget spread sheet that break everything down! trust me, it's just the FI and I paying for the wedding without the help of anyone. so i know all too well in keeping things affordable.

have you chosen a location yet?
              http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

#17 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

Hello Tisha and welcome to the forum. First congrats on your recent engagement. A DW wedding can be done at a very reasonable price, I think you just have to start by coming up with a budget and then seeing what you can do for that. If you have any specific questions, let us know and we'll try to help.

Happy planning

#18 Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo

Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo
                • 249 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

Hi Tisha!
                  Welcome to the forum and congrats!
                  Mexico offers so many options for destination weddings, you'll find a lot of info on this forum...
                  Happy planning!

#19 D&ESept2009

• 317 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Hi and welcome ot the forum!

#20 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Congratulations and welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users