Photo

mom's corsage (DIY)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

I wouldn't add a thing -- it's beautiful, and lush-looking as it is! Great job...don't be surprised if you get PM'd with a million "how-to" questions since yours looks like the work of a pro!

Christie :)

#12 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

It looks great! I wouldn't add a thing! How are they wearing it? On the wrist or pinned?

#13 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

I love the colors. My mom's dress is David's bridal "apple" red too.

#14 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
        • 475 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Oh wow! It looks really good. This is the one DIY I do not have the nerve to try. This looks great!
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#15 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

It looks amazing. I would have never guessed these flowers were from A.C. Moore. Great job!

#16 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Betsy
              It looks great! I wouldn't add a thing! How are they wearing it? On the wrist or pinned?
              not sure! right now i have it made as a pin (i actually have the pin back wired on), but i'm thinking i could add an elastic to the back as well to give them the option?

#17 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

I think they look absolutly BEAUTIFUL! Great job.

If I had to make a suggestion, I would probably say that they are a little on the large side. I would suggest taking out the burgandy stuff at the top and just keep the little bit of burgandy on the side. That will also give a little more attention to the lily and the orange at the bottom which I think is just beautiful.

But that's just a suggestion, I think it looks amazing just as it is!

#18 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

Very beautiful you did a really good job
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#19 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SunBride
                    I think they look absolutly BEAUTIFUL! Great job.

If I had to make a suggestion, I would probably say that they are a little on the large side. I would suggest taking out the burgandy stuff at the top and just keep the little bit of burgandy on the side. That will also give a little more attention to the lily and the orange at the bottom which I think is just beautiful.

But that's just a suggestion, I think it looks amazing just as it is!
                    hmmm, my first thought was "no way, the dark red orchids are the most important part!" ... but i have to admit the corsage IS a bit on the large side, at least if it will be pinned on. they'd probably be ok as is for wrist corsages. i will definitely consider paring it down a bit. thanks for your advice!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users