Photo

RANTING!!!! and Going Crazy.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 destinationbridegina

destinationbridegina
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

So, just bear with me, while i rant about my very stressful situation. So originally, my FI & I, were goin to get married during the summertime in Punta Cana, but we changed our minds and decided durin the last week of November we would get married in the Riviera Maya. So, I go to the travel agent 3 weeks ago.. and told her there would be around 30-40 people going realistically. The travel agent told me I would just need 10 people to put down their deposits down. so my family & his family put our deposits down after getting the price to the hotel, then 3 days later I had done that, the travel agent called me and goes, I'm so sorry. There was another wedding group with 100 people. and there are only 30 seats left.....on the airplane........OMGGGGGGGG....and after putting down our deposits, i didn't wanna change the week, so I told everyone to get their deposits in asap. Two days later, my travel agent calls me again and says there are 15 more seats left.... UGHHHHHHH.........

I'm not even sure if I should just says screw it and change it... but I have so much to worry about... Finding a dress and everything, and I feel horrible, cause I had told the rest of the guests that they probably had about a month at the most to put their deposits down.......before I had known this was goin to happen......

sorry for ranting..

#2 Corvette79

Corvette79
    • 200 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:27 AM

wow, so sorry to hear that! but great to hear that you have so many people booked and so early. i am sure things will work out, your guests could fly on a diff day, i know not ideal but as long as the important people are there thats whats important

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

I am so sorry Gina! My guests are flying in all different days so that will help. Actually none of my wedding guests are on our flight! Good luck with everything and that TA should have checked before she told you to book on that flight.

#4 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
        • 1,097 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

if your TA DECIDES to get it together it should not be too painful to fix this. hope everything worksout.....

#5 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Was everyone in your group all planning on traveling in the same airplane on the same day?

#6 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
            • 573 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Have your TA check and see if there be another flight on the same day. Depending on the tour company they may have more than one flight going down. Good luck

#7 destinationbridegina

destinationbridegina
              • 160 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Yeah.. all my guests wanted to fly on the same day, I have a lot of angry guests wondering why there's such limited seating. I'm hoping that they will have another plane.. same company and everything.. but apparently the travel agency said it was very unlikely. it's 8 months from now though.. i'm almost sure that there's going to be hundreds of people wanting to go to Mexico.. *crossing fingers*

#8 skitt1es

skitt1es
                • 144 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

so sorry to hear about that...

#9 jennierin

jennierin
                  • 847 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

Wow...I had the exact same problem! One of my guests went to my TA to book her travel and the TA told her that the plane was completely sold out! This was the end of February and we aren't going until the end of October! I am thankful that I had a group booking reserving 30 seats on the plane and this particular guest did get a spot with our group. I informed the rest of my guests that were planning on coming with us that the plane was sold out so they would have to travel the day before or the day after...most were okay with it. The way I finally looked at it was that as long as everyone was there for the 27th, I could deal with everyone having a different travel date! Well, to make a long story short...the airline has decided to schedule another plane for the same day as there are so many travelers that want to leave that day. Just keep checking travel websites and you may find that another flight will magically appear! LOL! Good luck with everything! It will all turn out great!
                    http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
                    First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users