Fun in San Antonio?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

I'm going to a conference in San Antonio this weekend. Anyone have suggestions for where to eat/play/explore/etc?? I'm staying at the Marriott Riverwalk and won't have a car. Thanks for sharing!

#2 meli122

• 269 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

I agree with Megashay, Paesano's is delish. The riverwalk will be a great place to stay as far as entertainment goes. I used to live there a few years ago so sorry no new recommendations.

#3 tropicalhopeful

• 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:44 AM

There's a lot you can walk to. There is the Rivercenter Mall which has about everything including Imax. There's several wax museums and Ripley's believe it or not across from the Alamo. There are tons of bars along the Riverwalk. You should hit up Shilo's deli for lunch sometime - it's pretty famous and makes delish rootbeer. There's a classical symphony concert this friday and saturday night - tix start at 11.50. There's La Villita, I bet there is something exciting going on there this weekend - it seems like there always is. Also, if you found something elsewhere in San Antonio you really wanted to get to there is a decent bus system that you could catch in town. The weather should be beautiful-it's been sunny and 80's here all week. Have fun!

#4 tropicalhopeful

• 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:45 AM

Sorry, the symphony is at the Majestic Theater - a beautiful theater. Check it out at majesticempire.com

#5 Kat81

• VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

I agree, Everything is with in walking distance. The riverwalk is a lot of fun and really pretty. Have a blast! I am supposed to go down there this weekend too but I am not sure if we are going to make it. DH has to get his wisdom teeth pulled today and I don't think he will be up for it. We have a group of friends going though.

#6 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

You guys are awesome, thanks for the suggestions, I'm taking notes!!

#7 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Yes, I am with the other girls. Just walk up and down the riverwalk. Your nose will lead you to good restaurants and great margaritas!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users