hubby vent

its his own fault, he should have been helping with that stuff, how are you supposed to know that stuff?? I would've made the same mistakes because I know nothing about any of that!

I like the throw rocks at him idea :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls! I just want to say how great you all are!! EVERYONE can come and visit! Maybe you could all wait till we finish? It may not be nice to stay in a house with no roof? LOL

I just wanted to let you know that gus aren't so bad after all. The very next day he spent all day going over plans AND took me shopping to choose floors, door & windows. He even said said the S word! SORRY!

With all the traveling we both do it has fallen mostly on my shoulders to oversee most of the construction. WE have now agreed that both of us will try to be as involved as possible... but he still wants me to make all the design choices. Which is GREAT! If we can survive this.. we can probably survive anything!

Next year margaritas will be on me if anyone wants to visit.

I am just so happy to know that other girls on this forum fight with their hubbys, sorry I don't mean to find happiness in your anger, but everybody seems so freakin happy all the time I was wondering what was wrong with me!!LOL

Now the most stressful thing you can do together is construction, we just had our home built, and it was oh so behind schedule, we were homeless for 6 months. There were days that I didn't think we would actually move into the house together (lol) Mistakes happen, thats life, tell him to get over it, move on and do it himself. Why isn't he blaming the guys building your house, don't they have a better idea what height things should be, after all isn't that their job. Tell him to go and yell at them!!!

Kelly~

I was posting as you were, glad to hear all is worked out. Everthing usually gets worked out in the end. No one really thought your hubby was awful, we all have men in our lives so we know what it's like, we understood you were just venting. We are all great, and we can all be awful, we are human after all. Glad you made up, I hope the making up makes the fight worth having.

Kelly~

Well Boys ARE stupid but it sounds like you found one who is capable of learning from his stupidity wink.gif hee hee hee

No really, stuff like moving, building a house, planning a wedding, having a baby, new jobs, all that stuff - even if its good - is high stress. It sounds like he checked out for awhile and has suddenly realized that he is a very important part of this equation! Plus you get to choose all the fun decorative stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I am just so happy to know that other girls on this forum fight with their hubbys, sorry I don't mean to find happiness in your anger, but everybody seems so freakin happy all the time I was wondering what was wrong with me!!LOL

Now the most stressful thing you can do together is construction, we just had our home built, and it was oh so behind schedule, we were homeless for 6 months. There were days that I didn't think we would actually move into the house together (lol) Mistakes happen, thats life, tell him to get over it, move on and do it himself. Why isn't he blaming the guys building your house, don't they have a better idea what height things should be, after all isn't that their job. Tell him to go and yell at them!!!

Kelly~
Don't worry, Kelly! I think everyone fights with their FI or DH - it's natural! Trust me we argue all the time! But I think it's healthy - if you can't communicate with your SO then how are you possibly going to live the rest of your lives together? I mean I argue with my FI and my parents and there's no one in the world I love more! So I think as long as you are able to talk out your fights after the fact (like in this case) then you're doing good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
We were at a design studio for 6 hours one day to pick everything out... he was done after thirty minutes. So, for the rest of the time I picked everything out and when I asked his opinion he just shrugged his shoulders.
Hahahaha that sounds just like Martin! He can stand shopping for about 1/2 hr and then he's just mentally spent and starts to get cranky. Me, on the other hand - I could shop forever! It drives him nuts, lol