Baby Name Help

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

OK so as you can see by my ticker we picked the name Ethan for our baby. Well I dont know why but all of a sudden were second guessing ourselves with the name. (maybe because its the #1 boys name in Canada right now) So anyways we have a 2nd name we love as well and I just want to know what everyone else thinks. So please vote for which name you like better, and without sounding like TOO much of a bitch, if you dont like either name, please dont vote, cause I really just want to know between the two names and I dont have much time left.lol

#2 Jessica

• VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Ah, Laura! Don't second guess yourself now!

We ran into that same issue. When we finally (after much debate) picked a name we both liked for Aiden, I suddenly started seeing the name everywhere and learned that it was like the #1 name in the US. I swear, I only ever heard of that name once beforehand, but apparently I was living in a bubble. But we decided to stick with it because we loved it despite the popularity.

I LOVE the name Ethan. I totally vote that you should keep it. I gotta admit, the name Benton doesn't do it for me. But it's up to you guys. Would you guys be up for waiting until he's actually born? Maybe once you see him it'll be apparent if he's an "Ethan" or a "Benton"?

#3 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

I really like Ethan, I like Benton too, although I have never heard if it it's cute!

#4 Kat81

• VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

I love the name Ethan. It is on the top of the list of my boy names. BUT I voted for Benton only because it is so different. I haven't ever heard it before.
          Go with what you love!

#5 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

How do they sound with your last name? Do both work? Sometimes depending on the last name they might sound silly together or not flow smoothly. That said and not knowing your last night I would say Ethan.

Good Luck!

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#6 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

Thanks ladies. Agh, its just such a hard decision!! I think they both sound fine with our last name so Im not worried about that. I know I should probablly stick with what I already chose, I just dont want EVERY kid having the same name. And I thought we were being differnet with Ethan, who knew it was so popular.lol
              Thanks everyone for voting!

#7 tdmitchell

• 719 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

I like both. Ethan is my choice, but Benton is unique. Do you have a middle name? Can you do one as the first name and the other as a middle name?

#8 drtracy

• 436 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

I picked Ethan, mostly b/c I have a nephew with an "unusual" name and it is very frustrating trying to find things with his name on it. LOL

Along with the last name does an E or B give unusual initials? For instance, if your last name starts with M the name Benton would make him BM. Get my drift... :)

#9 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I absolutely LOVE the name Ethan, but both names are precious!!!

#10 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

I like Benton! Talk about confusing you even more huh! I like the way Rayden and Benton sound together too LOL! I like what jessica said, maybe wait until you see his cute little face and then you will know!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users