Sign in to follow this  
RaydensMama

Baby Name Help

OK so as you can see by my ticker we picked the name Ethan for our baby. Well I dont know why but all of a sudden were second guessing ourselves with the name. (maybe because its the #1 boys name in Canada right now) So anyways we have a 2nd name we love as well and I just want to know what everyone else thinks. So please vote for which name you like better, and without sounding like TOO much of a bitch, if you dont like either name, please dont vote, cause I really just want to know between the two names and I dont have much time left.lol shots.gif

Ah, Laura! Don't second guess yourself now!

We ran into that same issue. When we finally (after much debate) picked a name we both liked for Aiden, I suddenly started seeing the name everywhere and learned that it was like the #1 name in the US. I swear, I only ever heard of that name once beforehand, but apparently I was living in a bubble. But we decided to stick with it because we loved it despite the popularity.

I LOVE the name Ethan. I totally vote that you should keep it. I gotta admit, the name Benton doesn't do it for me. But it's up to you guys. Would you guys be up for waiting until he's actually born? Maybe once you see him it'll be apparent if he's an "Ethan" or a "Benton"?

I love the name Ethan. It is on the top of the list of my boy names. BUT I voted for Benton only because it is so different. I haven't ever heard it before.

Go with what you love!

How do they sound with your last name? Do both work? Sometimes depending on the last name they might sound silly together or not flow smoothly. That said and not knowing your last night I would say Ethan.

Good Luck!

Thanks ladies. Agh, its just such a hard decision!! I think they both sound fine with our last name so Im not worried about that. I know I should probablly stick with what I already chose, I just dont want EVERY kid having the same name. And I thought we were being differnet with Ethan, who knew it was so popular.lol

Thanks everyone for voting!

I picked Ethan, mostly b/c I have a nephew with an "unusual" name and it is very frustrating trying to find things with his name on it. LOL

Along with the last name does an E or B give unusual initials? For instance, if your last name starts with M the name Benton would make him BM. Get my drift... :)

I like Benton! Talk about confusing you even more huh! I like the way Rayden and Benton sound together too LOL! I like what jessica said, maybe wait until you see his cute little face and then you will know!!