• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#3301 flyingchild

flyingchild
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lauralondon25 

Hey ladies I haven't booked my wedding yet because I wanted to go down there in February or March to finalize and book everything. If I send the save the dates in March2014 and set the wedding date for October 2014 is that not enough notice to my guests? Please let me know your opinions! Thanks!

I think in March is when you should send the invites instead of save the dates...my TA says general destination wedding etiquette is to have save the dates out by 9 month prior and invites out by 6 months prior. 

Are you set in DR? If so you can always send the save the dates before you do the site inspection? you don't have to mention the specific resort in STD if you don't want to, you can just mention the general city and country? Just a thought :mswink:

#3302 Lauralondon25

Lauralondon25
    • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

I think in March is when you should send the invites instead of save the dates...my TA says general destination wedding etiquette is to have save the dates out by 9 month prior and invites out by 6 months prior.  Are you set in DR? If so you can always send the save the dates before you do the site inspection? you don't have to mention the specific resort in STD if you don't want to, you can just mention the general city and country? Just a thought :mswink:

Thanks for the advice! My other concern is I want to have it in the fall and I'm deathly afraid if hurricane season! Any advice from previous brides?

#3303 Lauralondon25

Lauralondon25
      • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yeah

Hey I recently went to a wedding in punta Cana this past August. There was no save the date sent the invites we're sent out 3 months before the wedding. That being said as a guest I would have really appreciate notice in advance. 7 months seems reasonable. My wedding isn't until 2015 (sadly) I will send out the save the date 2014 hopefully that's not too early :)

yeah you're definitely right thanks for the advice and I think you're guests will appreciate the advance notice ;)

#3304 flyingchild

flyingchild
        • 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lauralondon25 

Thanks for the advice! My other concern is I want to have it in the fall and I'm deathly afraid if hurricane season! Any advice from previous brides?

I know how you feel! That was my biggest concern as well...I did not want a wedding in the middle of summer in America, while Dec-May is their peak season with things being much more expensive..

I know 5 different couples that had their wedding/honeymoon in Caribbean during the hurricane season in the recent 3 years, they all told me there is nothing to worry about. 2 couples actually came across stormy weather during part of their stay, but they just chilled in their room and what not. 

My FI was really looking into the weather issue for a while and he says there were reports that show DR has less chance of hurricane than many other islands ie Antigua, Jamaica..etc. And when it did hit, it hit more so the western part of the island. That was part of the reason we picked DR and specifically La Romana (according to dr1.com, La Romana should be drier than Punta Cana).

I hope all these will comfort you a little bit! ;) But how you feel is definitely the most important thing! If you are really worried then I would say pick the non-hurricane season. We are going with it but will be closely watching the weather reports :)

#3305 flyingchild

flyingchild
          • 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Got assigned my WC yesterday! I have Yanna, anyone has Yanna as WC too?

Oh and stephandmarkDR, I confirmed with WC - fireworks is $600 for a minute and bonfire is $250! Open bar services during bonfire is $10/pp. Hope this helps! :)

#3306 FutureMrsC13

FutureMrsC13
            • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hurricane season is highest is August/September

#3307 FutureMrsC13

FutureMrsC13
              • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by flyingchild 

I know how you feel! That was my biggest concern as well...I did not want a wedding in the middle of summer in America, while Dec-May is their peak season with things being much more expensive..

I know 5 different couples that had their wedding/honeymoon in Caribbean during the hurricane season in the recent 3 years, they all told me there is nothing to worry about. 2 couples actually came across stormy weather during part of their stay, but they just chilled in their room and what not.

My FI was really looking into the weather issue for a while and he says there were reports that show DR has less chance of hurricane than many other islands ie Antigua, Jamaica..etc. And when it did hit, it hit more so the western part of the island. That was part of the reason we picked DR and specifically La Romana (according to dr1.com, La Romana should be drier than Punta Cana).

I hope all these will comfort you a little bit! ;) But how you feel is definitely the most important thing! If you are really worried then I would say pick the non-hurricane season. We are going with it but will be closely watching the weather reports :)

I chose November for my wedding, it was more affordable and still great weather!

#3308 flyingchild

flyingchild
                • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureMrsC13 

Hurricane season is highest is August/September

Yeah, by Dec-May being peak season I mean peak season for their tourism. You know like how resorts usually use the term to indicate the higher room price and what not :) 

#3309 Lauralondon25

Lauralondon25
                  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I know how you feel! That was my biggest concern as well...I did not want a wedding in the middle of summer in America, while Dec-May is their peak season with things being much more expensive.. I know 5 different couples that had their wedding/honeymoon in Caribbean during the hurricane season in the recent 3 years, they all told me there is nothing to worry about. 2 couples actually came across stormy weather during part of their stay, but they just chilled in their room and what not.  My FI was really looking into the weather issue for a while and he says there were reports that show DR has less chance of hurricane than many other islands ie Antigua, Jamaica..etc. And when it did hit, it hit more so the western part of the island. That was part of the reason we picked DR and specifically La Romana (according to dr1.com, La Romana should be drier than Punta Cana). I hope all these will comfort you a little bit! ;)  But how you feel is definitely the most important thing! If you are really worried then I would say pick the non-hurricane season. We are going with it but will be closely watching the weather reports :)

Thanks so much for the advice and comfort I think I'm going to do it! Hopefully all goes well!

#3310 Tomtom

Tomtom
                    • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hi Everyone, I get married 10th April... so the countdown has begun! Just wondering what everyone was doing for their weddings for the "wow factor"? Has anyone seen images of the dinners or heard any good/ bad reviews? Have any of you thought asbout photographers? Finally if anyone has the ceremony plan if you could email me that, that would be great! Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users