• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1631 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

i bought the starfish and sea shell chocolates from here

Dolphinluck,

for your cake, did you bring down the starfish and shells?  And what size paper laterns did you have for the gazebo and the tables?

#1632 Dressa

Dressa
    • 23 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hey Girls,

This is Andressa (atossato) something went funky with my account and I could not post anything...

Love the pic of the dresses!!!! I'll see if get to post mine too..I thought I was going to get a simple and flowly gown but ended up getting something in between

For the ones who asked, here are the addresses for the flower shops in La Romana that I found at http://repubblica-do...repubblica.html

Flores para cada ocasi²n La Romana-Republica Dominicana Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098 Casa de las Flores Ing. Bienvenido Creales N. 86 Tel. 809 813-0360 Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098 Florister­a Braulio Castillo M¡rquez N. 63Tel. 809 550-3683 Florister­a Creaciones Globiflor Tel. 809 556-4517 Duarte N. 43, Centro Ciudad Florister­a Jard­n Oriental Francisco Richi©z Doucudray N. 10 Tel. 809 556-2175 Florister­a El Clavel Francisco Richi©z Doucudray N. 58Tel. 809 556-5444 Jard­n Constanza Pedro A. Lluberes N. 171 Tel. 809 813-1330 Florister­a Jard­n Oriental Francisco Richi©z Doucudray N. 10Tel. 809 556-2175  Florister­a Kaury Rosas Castillo M¡rquez N. 15 Tel. 809 556-3436 Florister­a Mechis Tel. 809 556-5353 Pedro A. Lluberes N. 109 Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098 Gloriflor Duarte N. 43 globiflor@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-4517 Jard­n Constanza Tel. 809 813-1330Pedro A. Lluberes N. 171 web http://www.florista.net   Andressa

#1633 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
      • 192 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

Hi ladies,

Tonight..... Ive been working on typing up my wedding review and its almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will post it as soon as I finish it...

Kisses and hugs

xoxo

Bee

Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#1634 dcairns

dcairns
        • 347 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:09 AM

Yay, we have alllllllllllllll been waiting!

Originally Posted by Pink_Petals 

Hi ladies,

Tonight..... Ive been working on typing up my wedding review and its almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will post it as soon as I finish it...

Kisses and hugs

xoxo

Bee

#1635 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
          • 284 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

I can't wait to read it.  From the looks of your teaser pictures, you guys had a great time and I'm excited to read about how wonderful the wedding was.

#1636 NancM

NancM
            • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

Ladies,

LOVE the pics of all the dresses each of you have chosen...and love how each of you is doing something different.  I would like to be able to post a picture of mine, but my FI also checks out this site with me and I want the dress to be a surprise, so it will have to wait until after Nov. 16th...can't believe how quickly this has come up!  Yikes, not much time now...we are trying to work on a ceremony script right now, as well as our vows; didn't think it would be as difficult as it is.  Yanna sent me their standard scripts, but they are very generic, so we are attempting to personalize it.  Also, want to include my boys (ages 7 & as much as possible, so I asked if they would be willing to do a short reading - a poem entitled "What is a family?", and they aren't being too receptive about that idea, sooooooooo, not sure what to do now.    They love the idea of the wedding and can't wait to go away, but I just don't think they want to be front and center with us for the entire ceremony!  We are, however, doing a unity candle, which they are pretty excited about; go figure, tell them they can hold a lit candle and they're in!!!

Dolfinluck,

Thanks for link for the chocolates; I just placed an order for some starfish (in pink - just hoping it's a dark one, but if not, my boys will still eat them!).  Can't wait to get them to see how they turn out!

Bee,

So looking forward to reading your review when you get it posted.  Thanks again for taking the time to write one.

Dana,

Not sure if you were looking for paper lantersn, but I ordered a few from a place in the States called the Paper Lantern Store.  Definitely worth checking them out, especially if you have a frined or a U.S. address to which you can have your order shipped to, to save on shipping costs.  Check out the link:

http://www.paperlanternstore.com/

Prices are VERY reasonable, and they have tons of colours to choose from.

Happy planning everyone,

Nancy 

:love

#1637 NancM

NancM
              • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

Don't know what happened to my number 8, but my sons are seven and eight yrs old!  :)

#1638 dcairns

dcairns
                • 347 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

#1639 NancM

NancM
                  • 52 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

Dana,

Love the "message in a bottle"...did you do those yourself or have them made?  Do each of your guests get one when they book their trip?  Great idea!

Nancy

#1640 dcairns

dcairns
                    • 347 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

LOL, oh so this is where it went! I was uploading in another thread and i was having computer issues.

Yes, Since i emailed invitations to save time and to book eveyrone on the deal i got, i felt like i should send them something to thank them for coming in lieu of a invitation.

I'm sending one of these per household and singles. Some I can hand deliver, and others I will mail. I will do my invitations to others who have not confirmed, or cannot confirm in the new year.

I did it all myself. I'm a graphic designer by trade and I used my color printer. (also my dad is a printer)  I ordered plastic bottles not glass (because shippint would have killed me both ways) and they came with the cork. Overall it was pretty easy... I "borrowed" the wording from another bride on this forum because the wording was simple and to the point.

It was fairly easy, just needed to sit down and do them. I considered bringing them to the islands to include in OOT bags, but i decided i'm bringing enough I could "unload" them early.

I did both the letter and the label in Illustrator.  For the Scroll/Letter, I basically took an Image of Parchement and place it on both sides of the paper. inserted my writing and then printed two per 8.5 x 11 sheet. I cut them out myself.

I bought full page labels and place about 16 on each for the little label on the front. Again cut it out myself. 

Got sand from a local beach awhile ago, and put a little in with some small shells, some aqua diamond confetti. I had bought ages agot starfish pewter charms and I tied that on the end of the ribbon so it was easy for the recipient to pull out the scroll. I got them for 5$ or something like that off of ebay. 

i had bought starfish confetti, but have no idea where i was going to use it  So i glued two to the front of the lable,

All in all easy, not that time consuming. If you want I can give you the details. If you have wording yourself I could plunk it into my file already and just send you the pdf. Will take no time on my part.

Now to my other DIY projects, Passport welcome letters, name cards, luggage tags, cake topper (we are creating a Shreck one, lol, chessy I know but it means something to us)

- Dana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users