Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1431 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

Thank you so much ladies for the help!!!! It makes sense now :) gotta love this forum! xoxo

Nadia, I'm so excited for you! For sure we will see each other :) I get there on the 7th and I'm staying for two weeks!
    Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#1432 dcairns

dcairns
    • 347 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

For Canadian Ladies,

Costco apparently has a few docks with speakers... Its not Bose, and it runs apparently 100$ over the current price of the DJ (350$)  The FI is looking into it and i'll keep you posted. The only issue is the weight in the bag. With everything else we are bringing, i'm not sure we are going to do it or not. For now the DJ is booked and we will probably be going with that. But then, you think, for 100$ more i actually have something that will last more than 4 hours.

http://www.costco.ca...y=1&topnav=&s=1

• Dimensions (W x D x H):
      19 cm x 20 cm x 2.2 cm
      (7.5 in. x 8 in. x 10.5 in.)
    • Weight: 10.5 kg (23 lb.)
    •  

•  
    •  

•  

#1433 dcairns

dcairns
      • 347 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

Have a wonderful time... and Enjoy!!  Be Happy!!!

Originally Posted by nsimpson 

OMG Ladies!!! I feel like I've missed so much!!  I've been running around like a mad woman trying to finish all of my mini projects!  I leave Monday and won't be back until September the 27th so it will be a while before you get a review from me!

Pink Petals, hope to see you down there!

#1434 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
        • 199 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by nsimpson 

OMG Ladies!!! I feel like I've missed so much!!  I've been running around like a mad woman trying to finish all of my mini projects!  I leave Monday and won't be back until September the 27th so it will be a while before you get a review from me!

Pink Petals, hope to see you down there!

Have a great time! I can't wait to read your review once you get back!

Are you going to do a planning thread at any point? I've been addicted to those lately, but they look like they take a fair amount of time to write.

Regarding music, I've read before that the hotel rooms have ipod players in them. Would we be able to swipe one of those and take it to the beach? Do you think that would be loud enough for music?

#1435 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
          • 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by hermosahoops 

Regarding music, I've read before that the hotel rooms have ipod players in them. Would we be able to swipe one of those and take it to the beach? Do you think that would be loud enough for music?

I don't think it will be loud enough.  It's designed to go into a room and not disturb the neighboring guest.  I say ask Yanna or Tiara to be safe though.

#1436 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
            • 192 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

This is what Im doing for music:

I made an account at www.grooveshark.com to download music---> It costs $3/month of $30/year which is really cheap

I will then transfer the songs onto my Iphone.

Then we will rent two big speakers which will will take with us as carry ons. We kno a place where it costs only $14/week to rent the speakers ; these speakers are really loud as I used them for our civil wedding celebration in the backyard!

Im gonna attach the speakers to my Logitech Ipod Docking station which will play my music off my Iphone.

If anyone needs info on renting the speakers ( I live in Canada...Toronto) lemme know and I can ask my hubby the name of the company

xoxo Bee

#1437 katierenae

katierenae
              • 117 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

NSimpson:  Have a wonderful time!  Here's wishing you beautiful weather and the best of luck on your wedding day :)

#1438 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
                • 192 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

Has anyone used Elke Schwanda (Spa Manager) to perform their ceremony vows? Tiara is away on vacation on my wedding date and I was recommended Elke instead as her English is really good they say.
                  Pls lemme know if any of you ladies used her!

-Nadia.... Have an amazing time and I wish you lots and lots of sunshine! See you soon!

#1439 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
                  • 284 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Best wishes Nadia and I can't wait to hear from you when you get back!

#1440 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
                    • 199 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Williams 

I don't think it will be loud enough.  It's designed to go into a room and not disturb the neighboring guest.  I say ask Yanna or Tiara to be safe though.

That's a good point. That's why I love you gals!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)