Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1191 nsimpson

nsimpson
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hey Ladies, did you all read the BDW Forum update from the owner Tammy?

http://bestdestinati....se-read-61849/

The forum will be down for one day (July 27) while they switch it over to a new, refreshed and better BDW site! There will be some changes to the look of things so give it a read. :)
    Love is a wonderful thing!
    Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#1192 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
    • 126 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dcairns
      Congrats!!! Everything looked lovely and wonderful. i'm so happy for you, and your right the cake turned out great with the sugar flowers... the pics you emailed me were awful (from before you left) Quick question though, at the SSG, did they put linens on the table? I just rented it out but am going with their menu and the 'free" wedding.

Hope your still on a high, and congrats on becoming a MRS :)
      Hey Dana,
      I know, I was so happy with the cake --- although it was gigantic. But the flowers made all the difference. I strongly suggest to everyone to bring embelishments for your cake. My bakery gave me 45 sugar flowers for $15 and I gave the Yanna the photo of what I wanted and it worked out. I was so afraid because I absolutely hated all the photos she sent me of the other cakes.

I rented out the SSG too and asked for white linens. I believe they also have pink and orange? And it was free.

#1193 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
      • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

So I got an answer from Tiara; for those who want to have a cocktail hour, an open bar is included for an hour for free

xoxo
        Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#1194 dcairns

dcairns
        • 347 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pink_Petals
          So I got an answer from Tiara; for those who want to have a cocktail hour, an open bar is included for an hour for free

xoxo
          Which package are you taking again? I'm going to take the free package with the Rental of the SSG. And i was going to do the cocktail hour as well for my guests at 10$ a head. Does that mean they keep it for an extra hour free? Thanks in advance!!!

#1195 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
          • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sunandsand
            I know, I was so happy with the cake --- although it was gigantic. But the flowers made all the difference. I strongly suggest to everyone to bring embelishments for your cake.
            Sunandsand...your cake was absolutely beautiful! Im also bringing down decorations for my cake; Im planning on telling them to leave it blank (like yours) and then I purchased 6 peonies from Angel's Accents (2 hot pink and 4 light pink) and also a monogram cake topper :)

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures with us

xoxo

#1196 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
            • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
              Which package are you taking again? I'm going to take the free package with the Rental of the SSG. And i was going to do the cocktail hour as well for my guests at 10$ a head. Does that mean they keep it for an extra hour free? Thanks in advance!!!
              I have the free package (Wedding in Paradise Package). My ceremony is at 4p.m. Once its done, Im planning on going around the resort to take pictures with my husband (I booked HDC for 5 hours) so Im doing the cocktail hour ($10/pp) then, so that our guests dont get bored; the cocktail hour is an hour long and it includes the open bar for free for 1 hour! Then at 6p.m. we head to the SSG for our reception.

xoxo

#1197 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
              • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

Quote:
                Quick question though, at the SSG, did they put linens on the table?
                Here are the pics Tiara sent me of the colors they have for the table linens. I personally want chocolate brown silk linens so Im buying them from here and bringing them over there...I know...Im turning into a Bridezilla...Im bringing down everything with me...napkins, table linens, candles, centerpieces, place cards, favors, etc :)

Click the image to open in full size.

#1198 dcairns

dcairns
                • 347 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Pink_Petals
                  I have the free package (Wedding in Paradise Package). My ceremony is at 4p.m. Once its done, Im planning on going around the resort to take pictures with my husband (I booked HDC for 5 hours) so Im doing the cocktail hour ($10/pp) then, so that our guests dont get bored; the cocktail hour is an hour long and it includes the open bar for free for 1 hour! Then at 6p.m. we head to the SSG for our reception.

xoxo
                  that almost mirrors my plan! we are getting married at 3 as well, then the cocktail partry then the SSG! Just you are doing it very soon! And I have to wait till next year! Thank you for the pics, its exactly what i was wondering. And my colors are turquoise/aqua so you basically made me very happy!

#1199 katierenae

katierenae
                  • 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

thank you Pink Petals for posting the pics of the tables from Tiara! I was wondering what colors they had to offer before I pick my colors :)

#1200 katierenae

katierenae
                    • 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

Oh FYI...I decorate cakes so I spend alot of time in Micheal's getting supplies...I have seen pretty pre-made sugar flowers in there too. I know they have different color roses, daisies and pansies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users