Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen many November dates on here and I was wondering if you knew something I didn't... I'm hoping to do my wedding in November at DLR, but I can't get Tiara at the resort to email me any information.

 

Could one of you please send me any information you have on DLR's pricing and policies? Also, were people able to get around the 3 day residency requirement? I tried searching through the thread, but didn't see any definitive answers.

 

Thanks!

 

rikkiwedding@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for the weather feedback. Price will end up being the driving point. I want my family to be able to afford the trip. I wonder when the best prices for next spring become available?

 

I am also hoping to be able to have our wedding around the 3 day rule. Do symbolic ceremonys follow the same guidelines. We are planning on a 3 or 4 day stay at DLR and then leaving for a cruise honeymoon. I am hoping to arrive on Wednesday have the ceremony Friday and leave on Sat or Sun. If I have too I'll arrive on Wednesday for a Sat wedding and leave Sun.

 

I'm so glad I found this site. Everyone is so helpful and have great ideas.

 

Sara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls!

Thats so great, LJ! So glad things are getting better on your end, too=)

I still cannot believe that we are so close!!! I still have so much to do!! haha but i am getting there:)

Does anyone know if we can use the resort's outlets or do we have to bring a power converter? I just want to bring my straightener and want to make sure I can use it. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG GEM!! When do you leave? Your date is practically here :)

 

Also, for those of you who used lit (LED) lanterns, was Tiara or Yanna able to set them up or did you have to designate one of your own people to do this task?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, what a fantastic site! I cannot believe it.

We will be getting married in Feb of 2012 and this hotel looks just beyond fantastic. I have read everything and oh my, there was a lot on here.

 

My concern is that I can leave from Ottawa,ON but it lands in Punta Cana. The travel rep said it can take up to 3hrs with all the stops.. but I have only read 1.5 hrs on this forum. Or I can leave from Montreal, Qc and it lands in Santo Domingo which is even further. Ridiculous considering there is an international airport in La Romana, 13km away. What's your experience?

 

Furthermore. I will be booking the basic package(free one) and add to it. I was thinking gazebo wedding and beach reception. Would any of you have documents regarding what it costs to have the beach reception? Anything would help. Choice of menu and so on. I see the website has a pdf format file but it says it's corrupted and it won't open. Please e-mail me at porkymcporky@gmail.com

 

Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls!!

nsimpson, we leave on july 4th....and I just looked at my ticker and it says 1 week and 4 days to go!!! I have such butterflies and am sooo excited!! I picked my dress up the other day and it is beautiful!!!

Lj, you leave in 2 days!!!!!!! Have a great safe trip and I will see you there!!! xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats LG and GEM!!! have a wonderful time!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCoke View Post
Thank you everyone for the weather feedback. Price will end up being the driving point. I want my family to be able to afford the trip. I wonder when the best prices for next spring become available?
We got our pricing for hotel in Sept and was the best price for May, as for flights we didnt book till Jan but even cheaper pricing came out in March.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post

Also, for those of you who used lit (LED) lanterns, was Tiara or Yanna able to set them up or did you have to designate one of your own people to do this task?

 

Thanks!

I put my sister in charge of this, we put together the LEDs earlier in the day and she just when around dropping them into the lanterns. Had to make her earn her MOH title, j/k thats the most I made her do in the whole wedding process

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero007 View Post
My concern is that I can leave from Ottawa,ON but it lands in Punta Cana. The travel rep said it can take up to 3hrs with all the stops.. but I have only read 1.5 hrs on this forum. Or I can leave from Montreal, Qc and it lands in Santo Domingo which is even further. Ridiculous considering there is an international airport in La Romana, 13km away. What's your experience?

 

Furthermore. I will be booking the basic package(free one) and add to it. I was thinking gazebo wedding and beach reception. Would any of you have documents regarding what it costs to have the beach reception? Anything would help. Choice of menu and so on. I see the website has a pdf format file but it says it's corrupted and it won't open. Please e-mail me at porkymcporky@gmail.com

 

Thanks a lot!

We didnt have any stops on our transfer from Punta Cana and Santo Domingo was only like a extra half-hour away plus by the time you have your wedding the highways should be done and the transfer will be about the same time as Punta Cana. We could of flown into La Romana but would of had to have a layover in Puerto Rico. It was a little more money but I prefer a direct flight as less chance to lose your luggage and the layover time was 2 hours so you really dont gain anything.

As for the beach wedding reception, you can pick the silver, gold or buffet meal (think you need a certain amount of ppl). And you would also need to pay $3 pp plus taxes for drink service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was your transfer part of the package? Shuttle by bus?

1.5hrs doesn't seem so bad. My TA said it would take up to 3hrs but the high way wasn't done when she visited last.. certainly an important factor.

 

Does anybody have any documents regarding the silver, gold or buffet meal?

Did you have any troubles with bugs during your meal?

 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have decided on Dr.LaRomana. Hotel looks great, reviews are good, and Dreams gives a lot of options compared to other hotels. We will try to take pictures at Altos de Chavon aswell. But make sure you fly into LaRomana, I keep reading the transfer from Punta Cana is too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×