Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*Nadine*

December 2009 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Jennifer congrats!!!!!

We just found out great news! Our friend is our officiant in mexico and I was trying to think of a simple thing to do for our legal day here. I can pay $35 for our friend to legally deputized for a one time marriage. He goes in and gets sworn in and I pay only $35 and he can marry us right before we take off for our flight in our kitchen! how romantic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
We just found out great news! Our friend is our officiant in mexico and I was trying to think of a simple thing to do for our legal day here. I can pay $35 for our friend to legally deputized for a one time marriage. He goes in and gets sworn in and I pay only $35 and he can marry us right before we take off for our flight in our kitchen! how romantic!

Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

That is really cool about your friend! What a great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
okay everyone, what are you doing about the OOT bag items and customs? Do we need to bring receipts for customs? My FMIL offered to take some maracas but I want to make sure there are no problems when they arrive in Mexico.
I have receipts for all my stuff. I am just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. You should see the huge suitcase I have the beach towels in! It is absolutely ridiculous! Haha. Yea, I'm not going to be too obvious going through customs!!!!!smile116.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it! You are going to have a KW! ~ kitchen wedding wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
Jennifer congrats!!!!!

We just found out great news! Our friend is our officiant in mexico and I was trying to think of a simple thing to do for our legal day here. I can pay $35 for our friend to legally deputized for a one time marriage. He goes in and gets sworn in and I pay only $35 and he can marry us right before we take off for our flight in our kitchen! how romantic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using a receipt template and just making up prices so that the stuff I have equals less than $300 and the stuff FI has equals less than $300.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Davis View Post
I have receipts for all my stuff. I am just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. You should see the huge suitcase I have the beach towels in! It is absolutely ridiculous! Haha. Yea, I'm not going to be too obvious going through customs!!!!!smile116.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
okay everyone, what are you doing about the OOT bag items and customs? Do we need to bring receipts for customs? My FMIL offered to take some maracas but I want to make sure there are no problems when they arrive in Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a little worried about the customs in Mexico too. I was wondering about our rings and IPOD and IPOD speakers, do you ladies think I would need to bring receipts for these items? I googled the topic and found this website: Mexico Entry Requirements & Customs - Travel - LATimes.com

and it said:

To avoid paying duty on foreign-made personal items you owned before your trip, bring along a bill of sale, insurance policy, jeweler's appraisal, or receipts of purchase. Or you can register items that can be readily identified by a permanently affixed serial number or marking -- think laptop computers, cameras, and CD players -- with Customs before you leave. Take the items to the nearest Customs office or register them with Customs at the airport from which you're departing. You'll receive, at no cost, a Certificate of Registration, which allows duty-free entry for the life of the item.

Anyone planning to get this "Certificate of Registration"?

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

I started packing tonight! We leave in 12 days. I think all we are going to carry on is our wedding clothes, rings, camera, and netbook. We have been planning this wedding for a year, I can't believe we are 12 days away!! I ordered my boudoir photo book last night from blurb.com. It arrives in 1 week. I hope I can intercept it before FH sees it. Hope all your last minute details are coming together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

I started packing tonight! We leave in 12 days. I think all we are going to carry on is our wedding clothes, rings, camera, and netbook. We have been planning this wedding for a year, I can't believe we are 12 days away!! I ordered my boudoir photo book last night from blurb.com. It arrives in 1 week. I hope I can intercept it before FH sees it. Hope all your last minute details are coming together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the plan!!! Sorry I haven't been very good with posting to this thread. Thought it would be more relaxing as the wedding gets closer. Turned out to be the opposite. smile29.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbride View Post
Ladies!!! This is it, less than a month for us :) Let's all have the most beautiful weddings, shall we? wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×