Photo

Custom Linen Suits $99!

• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#261 **Kat**

**Kat**
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Got my fiance measured last night and we are going to put our order in soon. We went into a bridal shop last night to look at some suits and he didnt like how thick and stiff the fabric was. I think that linen is the way to go for sure now!

#262 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

I think the English beige would look really nice with an ivory dress. But why don't you get some samples to see if you like it.

DH jumped in the pool in his pants and they turned out fine after getting cleaned... well except for where the pocket ripped after one of our friends cannonballed on top of him!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlexsBride
      msmoodyr, how do you think the English beige would look with an ivory dress? Or should I go with the Beige (like Autumns hubby) I want a bit of contrast but not a lot.
      Im so excited about these suits!! Almost as much as my own dress. lol. I asked FI if he would let me order a custom suit from India and he said "if thats what you want me to wear, that's what I will wear!"

We are doing a TTD session as well the day after the wedding. Not sure about getting this suit wet. I am thinking about getting him a pair of those cheap linen/cotten pants from Old Navy to wear for that. What do you guys think?

Yeah DH hates wearing suits, says he can't move in them. Wearing linen was a must for him. Hope it works out for you :)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by butterfly4kathy2
      Got my fiance measured last night and we are going to put our order in soon. We went into a bridal shop last night to look at some suits and he didnt like how thick and stiff the fabric was. I think that linen is the way to go for sure now!

#263 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
        Did you just go to a tailor to get him measured?

#264 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
        • 95 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

I posted this a few days ago and didn't really receive a response for it. I'm reposting it here. Just need a little advice, that's all...

Quote:
          Hey ladies,

I don't think this question was asked yet. But for those who ordered/received a suit from Studio Suits, why did you ultimately decide to order from them? How was the fabric, feel and overall look different from the suits at stores by your homes?

The reason I ask is because my FMIL is insisting we get a suit from Syms (a clothing store in the South). They sell some suits for $99, but not all. When I went to theh store with her while visiting them in GA, the salesman suggested worsted wool or linen for the DW but those suits don't usually come in till March.

Anyway, I don't want to feel like I'm going out of my way to order a suit. I am leaning toward StudioSuits but I guess I'm saying to help me convince my FMIL that it's the way to go.

Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#265 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

If you read through the thread all of your questions are answered.

They are linen suits just like the ones you find in the department stores.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pandabride6
            I posted this a few days ago and didn't really receive a response for it. I'm reposting it here. Just need a little advice, that's all...

#266 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
            • 95 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

I read through all the threads, but no one seemed to really compare the suits to the ones at department stores. My FMIL seemed really insistant about choosing a suit locally but I would rather go with Studio Suits. I was just wondering if someone could help me figure out a way to explain it to her.

Quote:
              They are linen suits just like the ones you find in the department stores.
              What that said, this is all I needed to know, thank you.
              Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#267 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
              • 329 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AlexsBride
                msmoodyr, how do you think the English beige would look with an ivory dress? Or should I go with the Beige (like Autumns hubby) I want a bit of contrast but not a lot.
                Im so excited about these suits!! Almost as much as my own dress. lol. I asked FI if he would let me order a custom suit from India and he said "if thats what you want me to wear, that's what I will wear!"

We are doing a TTD session as well the day after the wedding. Not sure about getting this suit wet. I am thinking about getting him a pair of those cheap linen/cotten pants from Old Navy to wear for that. What do you guys think?
                My dress is actually ivory .. I held up the samples next to it and marked which ones would look nice with it ... we were going with the beige initially but gut instinct said English Beige ... Since my FI is brownskin, I didn't want the beige to be too loud on him .. the english beige is just a tad bit softer in color like a taupe almost

#268 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
                • 401 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

Thanks! I think my gut is saying English Beige as well. I know my honey will look very handsome either way.
                  Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#269 **Kat**

**Kat**
                  • 2,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carolina24
                    Did you just go to a tailor to get him measured?
                    We went to the bridal shop where I got my dress altered. I just called ahead and made sure they had time. Very easy, took 5 minutes and they wrote the measurements down on a card for us to take :)

#270 carolina24

carolina24
                    • 1,573 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
                      We went to the bridal shop where I got my dress altered. I just called ahead and made sure they had time. Very easy, took 5 minutes and they wrote the measurements down on a card for us to take :)
                      love it!! thank you :) im ordering samples this week sooo excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users