Photo

La Palapas Wedding

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ravogler

ravogler
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Has anyone had a wedding ceremony at La Palapas? We'll be a small group of 16 or so. We are staying in Mismaloya. Although, Le Kliff seems to be only a few miles from we are staying.

Rich

#2 H&F

H&F
    • 361 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

You are referring to the restaurant, correct? We ate there on a recent trip to PV and loved it! It is so beautiful and the service is excellent! I think it would make a lovely location but Le Kliff has a special dedicated place for a wedding and would be a little closer to you. Good luck!

#3 H&F

H&F
      • 361 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

You are referring to the restaurant, correct? We ate there on a recent trip to PV and loved it! It is so beautiful and the service is excellent! I think it would make a lovely location but Le Kliff has a special dedicated place for a wedding and would be a little closer to you. Good luck!

#4 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

We ate there during our wedding week and it was nice. Food was good, the beach is public so you would have a lot of spectators where Le Kliff wouldn't. Le Kliff is close to where you are staying.
          Good luck!

#5 ravogler

ravogler
          • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

What do people think about the music? -- I know its live. Is it too soft for a reception? We have looked at Le Kliff and we do like it a lot. I've seen many reviews saying that it is a bit expensive. In our research, for a private location it is not bad. Are there other private locations on the beach other than villas and Le Kliff?

#6 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ravogler
              What do people think about the music? -- I know its live. Is it too soft for a reception? We have looked at Le Kliff and we do like it a lot. I've seen many reviews saying that it is a bit expensive. In our research, for a private location it is not bad. Are there other private locations on the beach other than villas and Le Kliff?
              where are you staying at in Mislamoya? Another option would be to hire a local wedding coordinator and have it catered if they'll let you be on the beach.
              You do get what you pay for a bit.
              The live music at la Palapa is just local mariachi bands that go around to the tables and play for tips. Not really standing in one spot, KWIM?

#7 momb

momb
              • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

I actually think La palapas has a jazz pianist on certain nights. Sara

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

I saw a wedding occur right outside on the beach of La Palapa, it was so simple and elegant!

#9 KLila

KLila
                  • Banned
                  • 79 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

La palapa is one of the spots in PV that me and my fi hit 3 nights while there last May. We drank wine until 1am everytime. We looked into doing a welcome party there.

I do have to say it would be amazing for a reception, BUT there will be lots of local traffic and tourist, plus it is one of the more expensive places in PV and not sure what you get matches the price.

I would love to learn more though. Because again the serivce is amazing and the location is so idea.

Best of luck planning

I will be there this May and would be more than happy to take photos or get more info for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users