Photo

Ettiquette when you're not involved with the shower??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DWbride09

DWbride09
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Hi all,
    Here's the deal.....my mom and I aren't really girly girls and so we came to an agreement that we weren't going to have a shower, and we're happy with this. What she offered me, was to give me the money she would have spent organizing it, plus the cash value for all the gifts I would have received. So duh, yeah I took it! lol

FMIL and family are insisting on throwing me a shower even though I don't want one and told them about the deal I struck with my mom. I'm ok with it though, they're going to keep it small and intimate, and it would be kinda fun.

Here's my dilema.....what are my responsibilities for a shower I'm not involved with? Do I have to get little thank you gifts for people there. Do I have to do anything at all I don't know what to do.

#2 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
    • 826 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought the favors were taken care of by the hostess throwing the shower.
      http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
      My Babies
      "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
      it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
      http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#3 ~Debra~

~Debra~
      • 500 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

To my knowledge, the only thing you have to do is send thank you cards to everyone that gets you a gift.

#4 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think as the guest of honor, you just sit and smile. Of course thank you cards are a must for the gifts received as well as for the the organizers of your shower, but I would not worry about being involved.

#5 Erica053009

Erica053009
          • 513 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

I agree you have to act as if it was a surprise shower you would not prepare anything for your guest...but you do have to send thank you cards for all guest that attend, and I know when I hosted showers I even bought and addresses all the thank you cards in advance so it was less stress added to the bride since she already had so much to do

#6 big3n09

big3n09
            • 616 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

I agree with the other ladies, you should just thank those who gave you the party and the people that came, especially those who gave you a gift.
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#7 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

where i'm from, showers are always surprise parties (or at least are supposed to be surprises!) ... so the bride wouldn't ever come prepared with stuff for the hostesses, and certainly not be responsible for favors or anything like that!

just as others have already said, just be sure to send thank yous to everyone who attended, planned, hosted, or gave gifts!

#8 DWbride09

DWbride09
                • 171 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

Thank you everyone!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users