Photo

Thank you notes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cattie

Cattie
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

I bought hankies with these beautiful poems for the mothers, MOH, and a close friend of mine. I plan on giving them out on the morning of the wedding. I bought these cute paper gift bags.

Here's the question. Should I just put them in the bag with some tissue paper? Or should I get a thank you card? If I should get a card, what kinda and where?

I've searched all over and can't seem to find a premade thank you card from a bride to her parents or FIL.

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Maybe find a blank card with a cute front. Then you could write whatever you want on the inside. I think you should write something from your heart. That will make it more special :)

#3 WendyG

WendyG
      • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

I agree Kat81. It's more meaningful to get a card that is personalized then one that you can buy off the shelf.

#4 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

yes, definitely agree with kat! grab a blank card and write something personal ... these are people who are very important in your life, which is why they are getting these gifts in the first place! let them know what they mean to you! :)

side note, where did you get your hankies? my mom's a crier ... she could probably use one, LOL.

#5 big3n09

big3n09
          • 616 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I agree with the other ladies putting a personal message in a blank card would make them feel special. You could go to hallmark or online you can find some nice blank cards.
            4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#6 merocket59

merocket59
            • 937 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

I think it would be nice to add a little thank you note, maybe you could make your own with vistaprint that way you can personalize it.

#7 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                yes, definitely agree with kat! grab a blank card and write something personal ... these are people who are very important in your life, which is why they are getting these gifts in the first place! let them know what they mean to you! :)

side note, where did you get your hankies? my mom's a crier ... she could probably use one, LOL.
                This is the site I ordered them from. They have a bunch of poems that you can choose from, or you can personalize them.

Wedding Handkerchiefs, Wedding Favors, Party Favors, Bridal Party Gifts, Wedding Accessories, Wedding Advice - all in our online store

I'm horrible at thinking of something on my own! Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and go with it for this 1 day!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users