Photo

Anyone NOT making welcome bags??

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

I am hoping to make some for my guests, but am not sure if my budget will allow it....has anyone not planned on giving their guests welcome bags? Is it expected?

Also, if you gals don't mind, how much did it cost you to make the welcome bags?? (no need to be exact)
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

I am not giving my guests welcome bags and they probably don't even know they exist, so they won't miss them! I am going to give them favors set up at their place settings. I don't really have time to do OOT bags, but I think they are a cute idea!

#3 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

I don't think you HAVE to make OOT bags, but you can do them for really cheap if you want. I always thought it was a super nice gesture, but I had no idea what they were before here either! You could go as simple as gift bags from the $1 store with a thank you note for coming and some other $1 items like chapstick or something! I think mine cost about $5/bag, I got most of my stuff at www.orientaltradingcompany.com

#4 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

I am likely not doing them. I have a feeling that I won't even know who is coming until the very last minute so I may not have time to get them put together. I like the idea though!
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

I really don't think I'm doing them...we are having 75 guests and that just seems like a lot of stuff to bring down to Mexico with everything else. I'm thinking I might just do a welcome brochure or something?

#6 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
            • 1,681 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, I am with you Jess. I am thinking about a welcome brochure too! I don't want to haul a bunch of stuff there with me =)

#7 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
              • 336 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

I agree I think that they are a nice idea, however it seems like a lot to bring down with me. I have a hard enough time with the luggage restrictions... lol Anyway so I am not doing them either.
                Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
                http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
                http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#8 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                • 3,347 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

I didn't even know about them until this website either! Of couse my budget has doubled since I have seen all the cool things I want to do from this site!! I am still "waiting to see." I don't have the budget for it but would really love to do them for my guests. If I can do them super cheap without looking tacky (because then what is the point) and actaully get them there, then I will. I wouldn't worry about it though.
                  ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#9 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
                  • 438 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

I'm planning to do OOT bags, but only for my bridal party. It will get way to expensive to do it for all of my guests.
                    *Katie*

#10 punkie569

punkie569
                    • 255 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

We aren't having many people come so I am doing them. To fit them into the budget I'm starting to buy things now as I see them so I can spread out the spending. I think it's a nice gesture for people that are travelling so far for your wedding but if it's not in the budget you can still do something small and nice that will be appreciated. Like some of the other girls said I didn't even know OOT bags existed until I came here so chances are most of your guests are oblivious to them as well.
                      Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users