Photo

HELP: Ipod Ceremony??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

We are using an ipod for our music. As we get closer my mind is spinning with questions.

How did you manage the ipod during the ceremony?
    *Did you put someone in charge of changing the music?
    *Did you make a special play-list with shortened versions of the songs?
    *Did you play the song have walkers walk and then change the song or let the song run through.

I figured we would just make a play-list titled reception to play throughout is that what you did?

Songs for the ceremony?
    1 for family (parents?)
    1 for BM's
    1 for ME
    1 for end

Does that sound right?

Thanks so much!

#2 saraece

saraece
    • 289 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

We had an ipod for the reception and had playlists titled dinner music and party music. Our first song was also in a separate playlist. our best man handled the music, except a word of caution once people saw we were using an ipod everyone brought theirs and our playlist went out the window. We still had fun and I wouldn't change it, but there were some songs I wanted played that didn't get played.
      Like our first kiss all over again

#3 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
      • 347 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

I'm still working out the details for my music.. No set plan yet..

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

We are using our ipod. We have a cousin who is going to run it for us. I'm going to make a playlist. We'll have 1 song for parents. Once they are seated he will just switch to the next song, etc. We're having 1 song for parents, 1 for bridal party, 1 for me of course, and then a recessional.

We are also using our ipod for cocktail and reception. Although I have 3 ipods! I bought the very 1st shuffle when it came out, then the nano when it came out and now I have an iTouch so we're just going to put ceremony music on one and then the rest on another so we don't have some time go by w/ out a song. He'll just play the recessional all the way out and it will stop and when it stops he'll be ready at the sound system to start the other for cocktail.

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

We are using our ipod. We have a cousin who is going to run it for us. I'm going to make a playlist. We'll have 1 song for parents. Once they are seated he will just switch to the next song, etc. We're having 1 song for parents, 1 for bridal party, 1 for me of course, and then a recessional.

We are also using our ipod for cocktail and reception. Although I have 3 ipods! I bought the very 1st shuffle when it came out, then the nano when it came out and now I have an iTouch so we're just going to put ceremony music on one and then the rest on another so we don't have some time go by w/ out a song. He'll just play the recessional all the way out and it will stop and when it stops he'll be ready at the sound system to start the other for cocktail.

#6 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
            • Banned
            • 228 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

We are doing the iPod thing too. Right now I am going with a few songs while people are arriving, then the BM's song, my song, Signing of the certificate song (Signed, Sealed, Delivered!), and then the recessional. I'm going to do a site inspection next week so I am going to time the walk to see if I need a song for the BMs and one for me or just one for all of us.

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride2009
                We are doing the iPod thing too. Right now I am going with a few songs while people are arriving, then the BM's song, my song, Signing of the certificate song (Signed, Sealed, Delivered!), and then the recessional. I'm going to do a site inspection next week so I am going to time the walk to see if I need a song for the BMs and one for me or just one for all of us.
                You are the bride, you definitely need one just for you!

#8 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
                • Banned
                • 228 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Jacilynda!

#9 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
                  • 203 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

The resort we are staying at works with a DJ company, but we didnt want a DJ, all we wanted was a speaker system and someone to make sure the music kept flowing all night long. we bought a package for $400 that includes a sound system and a person to keep the music flowing. I thought that was a reasonale price. We wanted all our guest to have a good time so we didnt want to ask someone to man the ipod all night. We are still working on a play list. What I was planning on was doing a few playlist IE: Cocktail, Dinner, first dances, party tunes. on our wedding website we ask poeople to put down a few of their favorite songs so that we could add them to the palylist. I am thinking of buying a new ipod, just to keep things organized.
                    Live every day like the next will never come.

#10 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                    • 382 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

I am working on finalizing music and this is my biggest question...

How do you get a smooth transition between songs

I don't want a song to be in the middle of the chorus and then there be an abrupt change to another song. Because of this I was thinking about using classical music for parents seating, groomsmen walk, FI walk and bridesmaid walk. This way I don't have to worry about transition. BUT if someone has advice on how to make the transition work and not seem like WOW, THEY JUST SWITCH THE SONG. I would love to hear it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users