Sign in to follow this  
lanalovesyou

DREAMS CANCUN Feb 19th, 2009 - LANA's REVIEW

I am going to pick the same cake you had. Did you they have different color ribbons that you can pick for your cake. I want mine to be fuchsia and orange. Do you think I should just bring my own ribbon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanalovesyou View Post
The cake came out to be $180 on top of the free cake offer...Just make sure you go over the costs with your WC because Gaby didn't even tell me that would be an extra charge... I would even kinda go around it by saying you want to make little changes to the free cakes...and maybe that wouldn't be a charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22173 View Post
I am going to pick the same cake you had. Did you they have different color ribbons that you can pick for your cake. I want mine to be fuchsia and orange. Do you think I should just bring my own ribbon?
I think it tourned out beautiful even though it was a bit pricey. I am sure they have different kinds of ribbons, since I didn't even bring my own. You can ask your WC...but it's up to you, maybe you want to get your own so that way there isn't any surprises . Good luck, Im sure it will be beautiful regardless! =)

hi fellow edmontonian! CONGRATS! you look beautiful and I really enjoyed reading your review! thank you so much for taking the time to post it for us :)

I have a question about the Upgrade for the room? you wrote:

"So since we already paid for an upgrade and in our package we were automatically entitled to an upgrade after our wedding day – we had to fight hard to get a honeymoon suite for the whole second week of our stay! We did end up getting it and it was beautiful"

I dont see anything written in the wedding packages about getting a room upgrade? Can you tell me where they say that and how you got them to get you the honeymoon suite? i asked gaby about getting an upgraded room for having a wedding there and she said No you dont get one! im glad you did :)

also- i might have missed this but what kind of cake did you have and was it yummy?

thanks lana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitam View Post
hi fellow edmontonian! CONGRATS! you look beautiful and I really enjoyed reading your review! thank you so much for taking the time to post it for us :)

I have a question about the Upgrade for the room? you wrote:

"So since we already paid for an upgrade and in our package we were automatically entitled to an upgrade after our wedding day – we had to fight hard to get a honeymoon suite for the whole second week of our stay! We did end up getting it and it was beautiful"

I dont see anything written in the wedding packages about getting a room upgrade? Can you tell me where they say that and how you got them to get you the honeymoon suite? i asked gaby about getting an upgraded room for having a wedding there and she said No you dont get one! im glad you did :)

also- i might have missed this but what kind of cake did you have and was it yummy?

thanks lana!
Hmm I am not sure which package you got but on ours it says ROOM UPGRADE DURING HONEYMOON...it didnt say what kind of upgrade, so we fought for the honeymoon suite!

Just dont even bother with your WC..talk to front desk when you get there or a few days before the wedding.

My cake was vanilla and it was veeeeeeeeeery good! BUT the dessert option we got was Bella Alaska, and that was the biggest hit......it is amazing!!! So the cake is just the cherry on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Snipes View Post
Bride twin! We have the exact same dress! (I hope mine looks as good on me)

Thanks for the great review :) I might think of a few questions before my day... I may come back to ask.

Your pics look great too.
OH WOW! I am soooo excited to see your dress on you!! I absolutely loved mine! Dont you love the lace detailing on the front?? I loved the way it flowed , use the wind to your advantage during pictures! They turn out so nice =)