Are you inviting your officiant to the reception? WC?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lolkitteh

• 167 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:22 AM

Anyone inviting the officiant (and spouse) to the wedding reception? I realize that this would be normal for an at-home wedding, but considering that we don't have a personal relationship with the officiant and he came with our package, I'm wondering what is the norm here. I mean, we won't even meet him until the day before. I'm sure he will also be doing multiple weddings on the same day as ours.

On the same note, are you inviting your WC's to your reception? (As a guest, not as a WC)

#2 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

I did not invite the officiant to our reception, only because the ceremony was like 15 minutes long and I really didn't see the point. My WC was at my reception.

#3 AlmostaSeif

• 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

Good question! I am not inviting my officiant to our reception. I don't know him and would feel weird having him there. He can come, do the ceremony, get paid and leave. I know, I am kinda mean. As for my WC...I don't know abotu that one. Of course I will offer her food, but I don't think I will have her sit at a table with my guests as I would think that would be odd. I don't know about offering food to everyone else though (videographer, photographer, DJ, etc.). Not sure what I would do there.

#4 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

My understanding is that you should provide a meal for all hired vendors such as photographers and videographers. They're not necessarily expected to have the same meal as the guests, but they should be provided with food.

If the WC is there, I would offer her a meal.

#5 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

And I forgot to mention - many vendors have a meal as a requirement in their contract.

#6 karyan

• 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

I would like to revive this thread and ask if people do/are inviting their officiant and WC (if she's not coordinating the reception) for a meal? I'm getting married in Hawaii and am curious what other Maui brides have done?

#7 helen9

• 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

I don't think i will be purely because i don't him/her?

#8 AfricanVenus

• 328 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

We are because our officiant is our pre-marital counselor and friend. We're inviting him b/c he took time to leave the U.S. to officiate in MX. Be kinds rude not to invite him to the reception, lol. It's just him though.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                  Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users