Photo

Passport Hell, part II (LONG)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

Holy cow. I felt like socking him just reading about it. What an ass! Seriously, why do they have to make the process harder?! If he just listened to you in the first place he could have save you guys and himself the effort of all of this shit. Maybe he was just getting his kicks for the day. Serious, what an ass. It's their freakin' fault that you had to make the appointment anyways! How can they screw up so many things on ONE passport?! So they just corrected the date right then on the spot? Why does everything else have to be such a hassle??! Well, at least you can go to your own wedding now! What a relief!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

Well they "kindof" corrected it on the spot. They told us when it will be ready for pickup and then we had to wait at least another hour just to actually have it in our hands. They actually had to redo the whole thing new picture and all. It was seriously so much hassle, I told Cain that even though we have no near plans after Cabo of traveling outside the country I'm filing it right away with my married name. That way I won't have to deal with this crap again.

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

Wow Tammy! What a story! Now I feel like I should go today and take care of my damn passport just so I don't have to worry about it!

#14 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

oh my gosh, I would have totally hit that guy or scream back at him and ask for the manager. I'm sorry you had to deal with all that crap. Hey at least you have your passport and you'll have a lot of fun in Cabo.

#15 Fotini

Fotini
          • 131 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

WOW... so sorry you had all that drama.. but now you actually have it in your hands!

#16 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

OMG!!!! You poor thing! I can't believe all that crap. . .it's a good thing that one of you is the calm one. I'm not sure what would have happened if that was David and I. . .we're nice enough 'til our buttons get pushed, then...watch out! lol! Good for you not beating that moron with his own damn shoes!!! omg. . .I just can't get over all that...I feel EXTREMELY grumpy for you guys! :-)

but yeah, YAY for a passport!!!!!! I am so relieved! I can't even begin to imagine how you feel about it!!

This is definitely a good motivational story for all the "passport procrastinators" people have on their guest lists!

#17 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
              • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

OMG that is ridiculous! I can't believe you had to go through all that! Well at least you have your passport now, and you can get married!!! Sorry to hear about all your stress!!

#18 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez! What is wrong with people?!?

Sorry to hear about the horrid day you had... but you have it now and you can go to Cabo!

#19 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

I think I'd find the congressman's office and write a complaint letter about it--- That's insane---- It's no wonder people dont want to mess with getting a passport and leaving the country---- It's so hard to stress to people too that even tho a wedding might be 6-12 months away, they should get their passports now to avoid hassles like this with so little time before the trip...

#20 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

That is a horrible story....good thing it has a happy ending!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users