• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#51 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BillysBride
    Not to be a downer, but my Dad is gone..passed on '00, but still very much a part of our thoughts. I want to include his memory in my day, so at our formal reception back home, I'm having a slide show put together to Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father".

Theres one line that just makes me break down everytime I hear it...the end line to the chorus. The song talks about dancing on dad's toes as a little kid, then him spinning you around in the air. The end of the chorus goes... "How I'd love, love, love..to dance with my father again."

I'm sitting here bawling just thinking of it in my head. Great.
    I am crying right along with you. Thats is a wonderful idea! I know I couldn't handle that so you are brave to do that.

My father passed in 1996 so my dance with be with my mom. It will be kind of funny because I am taller than her. We are thinking of Bob Dylans forever young. The lyrics remind me of what your parents would wish for you. Don't shoot me but I am not a huge Dylan fan! I know he is from MN and I should love him but his voice grates on me. I will work through it for this beautiful song. Also not a Rod Stewart fan so we must stick with the Dylan version.

#52 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

Ok, how are you NOT a Rod Stewart fan??! :P
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#53 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

Well I am not a fan of the scratchy voice. I also dislike Macy Grey for that same reason. EEECK. Sorry to offend :P

#54 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Stephanie 525
          Well I am not a fan of the scratchy voice. I also dislike Macy Grey for that same reason. EEECK. Sorry to offend :P
          No, I don't like Macy Grey either. Her voice is horrible though.. IMHO. Rod Stewart is a musical genius!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#55 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hi! I am bumping this thread because I'm trying to decide on a father daughter song too and thought I'd see what others have come up with recently!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#56 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

i am so glad you brought this up! i was just thinking about this. are you having your reception at ROR? if so, can we dance with our dads? I was just wondering this today!
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#57 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by albrosious
                i am so glad you brought this up! i was just thinking about this. are you having your reception at ROR? if so, can we dance with our dads? I was just wondering this today!
                Yes, I've got the disco booked after our dinner at Mammee Bay. Chandlyn sent me a form that we can fill out and give the DJ with songs we want for "First song", "Father Daughter dance", "Mother Son dance", "All couples", etc, so this is my current focus is finding some perfect songs! :)
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#58 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                • 933 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

There is a song by Beyonce that i always wanted to use, can't think of the name right now
                  My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#59 Lorilou

Lorilou
                  • 533 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

i let my dad choose and he knew right away he wanted, "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. He said it has always given him goose bumps. I think he has been thinking about it for a while. So cute!

#60 MelissaH

MelissaH
                    • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by gkashmira
                      I'm looking for a song too...

a girl I met the other day danced to "I loved her First" a country song that is a bit of a tear jerker.. so again not what you're looking for!

But for others who may be interested here's a link to it on youtube:

YouTube - I Loved Her First

This is what my dad & I danced to - I love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users