Recessional Song?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 NYJen

• 1,326 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
    I'm trying to convince Frank that we should use "grow old with you" by Adam Sandler (from The Wedding Singer).... hehehehe...

I have been to a bunch of weddings where this song was used for the cake cutting. It's very cute.

Since Brendan and I call each other "dawg" (as in homey, g-money, street talk terms of endearment) we're going to use "Who let the Dogs out" by the Baha Men for our introduction.

As for the Processional, I love the suggestions on here. Has anyone thought of Rainbow Connection from the Muppet Movie? I had a friend that used Sunrise, sunset when she walked down the aisle. She also used "Storybook story" from The Princess Bride soundtrack as her first dance. I think we're going to use either "You and I" by Celine Dion or "100 Years" by Five for Fighting for our first dance.

I love all the other ideas on here for the Recessional. Beautiful Day, I'm a Believer, Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours. So many good ones to choose from.

#32 laurelandjamie

• 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

I just discovered Katie Melua. I heard this song "When you taught me how to dance" from the Miss Potter soundtrack (YouTube - Katie Melua) and thought I thought it might be a nice song for a father-daughter dance. I looked for it on YouTube and found some others that are
      really pretty and might be suitable for some part of a wedding (website music, photo slideshow music, first dance, recessional)
      Nine Million Bicycles
      YouTube - Katie Melua - Nine Milion Bicycles
      Call Off the Search
      YouTube - Katie Melua - Call off the Search

#33 laura b

laura b
      • 334 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:26 AM

I thought I had my processional and recessional all figured out, but I changed it like two days before our wedding.
        I ended up going with "Baby I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney for the processional and "Here Comes the Sun" by George Harrison for the recessional.

Since they are both Beatles' members songs, I thought they tied together nicely and I think it turned out really well.

#34 michelle08

• VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

is this somewhere over the rainbow song the one from american tale?

#35 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Latin recessional song?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users