YAY Book on the Ruby Princess 2010

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
  • Banned
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

I will be setting sale in March on the Ruby. We set our wedding date for 3/13/2010 in St. Thomas USVI. We just put our deposit down for our wedding planner on the island :) I am sooo excited. Tons more to do but I am glad we have a Time and a Place.

#2 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
    • 712 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hey who's you WC? I'm using Janelle Scott. Happy planning.

#3 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
      • Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:08 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
        Hey who's you WC? I'm using Janelle Scott. Happy planning.
        We are not going through Princess for the WC we found a company that is on the Island that does weddings. They are called Weddings the Island Way. You get a WAY better deal on your wedding and I heard nothing but great reviews about them!!!!! Im saying over 50% by working with them. The lady I talked to over there is Erica.

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Cruise Critic just posted a member review on its homepage and it was great!

#5 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
          • 712 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

O I'm not working with the cruiseline either bc I want to know exactly what's going on with my wedding at all times. I'd panic if I had to wait until ab 2 weeks before the wedding for any confirmations etc.

#6 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
            • 258 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hi Scubadiva!

I too am sailing on the Ruby Princess in 2010 and will be getting married on St. Thomas. Our ceremony will be taking place on Bluebeard's beach. We've also decided to go with a local wedding coordinator- Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. So far, everything has gone really well. I'm looking forward to setting sail in Jan! We have also made arrangements through Princess to reserve one of the private restaurants on the ship for our reception meal.

I will be sure to share our experience with you and any tips I might have after returning from our cruise.

#7 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
              • Banned
              • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kpuckrin
                Hi Scubadiva!

I too am sailing on the Ruby Princess in 2010 and will be getting married on St. Thomas. Our ceremony will be taking place on Bluebeard's beach. We've also decided to go with a local wedding coordinator- Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. So far, everything has gone really well. I'm looking forward to setting sail in Jan! We have also made arrangements through Princess to reserve one of the private restaurants on the ship for our reception meal.

I will be sure to share our experience with you and any tips I might have after returning from our cruise.
                That would be great!!! Can I ask how much it was to reserved a private restaurant? I would love to do it but I am not sure its within our budget.

#8 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
                • 258 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

I don't believe you're able to reserve the whole restaurant (I'm not even sure how many people they can accommodate). We've reserved space for 25 people. at the Crown Grill (the steak & seafood place). There is also Sabatini's which is the Italian one. I believe the cover charge is $25 per head.

#9 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                  • Banned
                  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kpuckrin
                    I don't believe you're able to reserve the whole restaurant (I'm not even sure how many people they can accommodate). We've reserved space for 25 people. at the Crown Grill (the steak & seafood place). There is also Sabatini's which is the Italian one. I believe the cover charge is $25 per head.
                    Ok I see. Yeah it is $25 per person. Depending on the amount of people going we may do that or just reserve a spot in one of the dining rooms. We are having a huge AHR so we are saving up for that as well.

#10 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
                    • 340 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

That's great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users