Photo

Mariachi Band for the Aisle music?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 iceapple

iceapple
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

Anybody wants to hire Mariachi Band for your beach wedding? It sounds like a good idea, but how does it work?

#2 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

I was really set on this. When I mentioned it to the coordinator, she thought it was a bit strange to walk down the aisle to the mariachi or caribbean trio, she thought a guitar or violinist was more appropriate, but I didn't want to spend that much money on something that did not go with the DW theme. She said the mariachi/caribbean trio was more appropriate for cocktail hour.

She also mentioned that they would only play a 45 minute set, and so I would get more bang for my buck if they played during cocktail hour (i.e. a full 45 minute set) versus during the ceremony (during which they would only play 3 songs, for entrance, signing and exit, and then there would be about 20 minutes left for them to play afterwards).

In the end I decided to just use the speaker system with recorded music as it was so much cheaper.

All this being said, I know others have used it for the ceremony, just thought I'd share my experience and explain why I changed my mind about it.

#3 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
      • 226 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

I want to hear about this too. We have the mariachi band for the ceremony (comes with out package) so I'm curious...
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#4 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

Ours is like Sunbride - we pay for 45 mins so we choose to have them play during cocktail hour. That being said I REALLY want to find a mariachi version of Canon in D but finding it pretty impossible. Ive checked itune, youtube and googled it and no luck. I also checked this forum and no luck

I am excited though for the mariachi band to play during our cocktail hour!

#5 demetriosbride

demetriosbride
          • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

I am curious as well! I originally wanted to have live music at our ceremony too. I have some musicians in our group but didn't really want the stress of bringing my guitar down, though would be nice to sit & play on the beach with a cocktail in my hand :)

So... that being said, does anyone know how the sound systems.. well sounds? Good? Professional? Anyone experienced it taking away from the 'organic' feeling of the wedding on the beach?
            53 of us crazy Canadians booked!

#6 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
            • 514 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

I walked down the aisle to mariachi and I was so happy I did! I didn't use the hotel's mariachi because they were super expensive and I wanted to have the mariachi play for ceremony and cocktail hour. So, we went with Ajuawedding's mariachi and they were much more affordable and sounded great. Because we got married at an AI, we did have to pay guest passes for the mariachi members, but it was still cheaper than using the hotel's band.

#7 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
              • 226 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

Did they play traditional bridal music mariachi style or did they just play whatever for walking down the aisle? Any chance you have video? :)
                Danielle & John
                Aventura Spa Palace
                October 30, 2009

#8 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                • 514 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell
                  Did they play traditional bridal music mariachi style or did they just play whatever for walking down the aisle? Any chance you have video? :)
                  I told them to play whatever the traditional song/s are for ceremonies because I didn't know of any. They did play a song (and for the life of me I can't remember the name right now) that referenced a girl walking down the aisle that is commonly used for the ceremony. I have the video at home, so I'll try to listen to it and see if I remember the name.

#9 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
                  • 226 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Thanks! I'm glad you were happy with it. Live music comes with our wedding package and I really liked the idea of the mariachi band.
                    Danielle & John
                    Aventura Spa Palace
                    October 30, 2009

#10 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

I used mariachi and it was AWESOME! They played 45min- an hour with a 15 minute break in the middle for the ceremony.
                      It was a highlight for sure. They played a song called 1000 Violins... but I dont know if that was their own creation or what bc we asked a couple mariachi bands in town to play it and they didn't know it? I'm sure they would know what to suggest. They didn't sing for the processional but did for the resessional and I thought it was neat. So fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users