two day arrive B4 wedding??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tangles66

• 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

Looking at booking couples swept away. Wonder if you have to be there two days in advance to be able to get married if we arrive at 1:10 and dont get to the resort until oh maybe 4:00ish on a wed can we still get married at lets say 2:00 on a friday or does it have to be a full 48hrs?? What if flights are running late and we dont get to the resort until late and the wedding person is gone for the day then what? I really want to get married as soon as we can after getting there but not sure what date to book on the couples wedding calander.

#2 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

Hey Mary, they are pretty standard about the full 48 hrs thing... Jamaican residency states to be married you need the 48 hrs (2 full days before your wedding). Check with CSA when booking and they will be able to tell you more a bout this and what day you need to arrive by.

#3 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

I'm not sure about the specifics of the policy at Couples, but the Jamaica Tourist Board says:

Visitors can be married just 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica, providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.

#4 sherryl_joy

• 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

So, is this two full days meaning two business days or just two regular days (including weekend)? Just curious because I would really like to be married on November 8, 2010, which is a Monday and it seems most of our guests would prefer a Saturday/Sunday departure.

#5 m_willis22

• 123 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

it is two business days prior to wedding and does not include weekends. if you are getting married on a friday you have to be there tuesday so your two full days would be wed and thurs. this does not apply to your guests only the couple.

#6 sherryl_joy

• 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

I guess we would get married on a wednesday, then...i guess a two day difference isn't so bad. :)
              Thanks for the clarification!

#7 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

I would check with Debbie or Tamika with Couples. You have to have all licensing info submitted at least 30 days before you arrive. You should be ok if you are there for at least 24 hours and have all of your paperwork completed.

I was a CSA bride. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

#8 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

We are flying in on a Saturday and we are getting married on the Tuesday so only actual 1 business day...the resort okay-ed it and they said its fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users