#1 ColeenFagan

ColeenFagan
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

Dear Brides

To clarify what some recent news agencies are reporting, safety when
    traveling to Cabo has not been compromised as it has in other parts of
    Mexico. Our community continues to provide a safe and peaceful
    environment for residents and our visitors alike.

We are fortunate to live far outside of the influence of places like
    Mexico City and Tijuana whose recent reports of violence alarm and
    sadden all of us.

Please rest assured you will enjoy all of the peacefulness and
    tranquility you expect from our beautiful resort community. We look
    forward to welcoming you.

Warm Regards
    Coleen Fagan

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Thanks Coleen, just reassures what I been trying to tell friends and family.

#3 lgarner83

lgarner83
      • 530 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

Thanks Coleen! I think I will email your message out to my guests for reassurance!

#4 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I'm sure your post will make a lot of people feel more secure. You might want to add your note in another post as well, so people can see it there too.....
          http://bestdestinati.../forum/t38169-2

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Colleen. You may also want to check the vendor siggy rule regardibg linking your website

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for easing my minds.

#7 FutureMrs.S

FutureMrs.S
            • 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Colleen I was getting a little worried, but my fiance funnily enough was freaking out more than I was. I'm going to show him this once I get home to ease his mind a bit.
              12 FLIGHTS BOOKED
              40 GUESTS BOOKED!

#8 MrsCarson011209

MrsCarson011209
              • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

Thank you so much! I actually heard from my spanish professor about all of the violence and the news reported that it was unsafe for americans to travel to mexico any time soon! I about had a heart attack! So thank you for the reassurance!

#9 unikphoto

unikphoto
                • Vendor
                • 87 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

Yip, I agree with Coleen,

We are blessed to be at the very tip of a peninsula, separate from the mainland and that makes it a haven for tourists from around the world. Crewships come and go, making Cabo the 2nd most visited port in the world by those gigantic ships. You see tourists go to and fro and enjoy their vacations. There are more and more retirees coming here to make Cabo their home and the numbers are climbing. Cabo is like a Mexico outside Mexico. Cabo isn't perfect, but people here are business minded and are very tourist minded because we all know here that tourism feeds all of us.

Plus, tons and tons of money have been invested and are invested (a good sign of security) in more hotels and roads. In about two years we'll have a 4-lane road to La Paz, passing through Todos Santos, and that will give the region yet another boost to make the whole region much better connected for the benefit and safety of locals and tourists alike.

The Federal government has sent more highway patrol cars for the benefit of our community, they even brought a carton-patrol-car-like dummy they put on the highway, so unknowing drivers may slow down a bit and make our 19-mile 4-lane road safer.

The airport is expanding yet another terminal, the biggest one yet. Though occupancy isn't as high as in other years due to economic downturn around the world, we are making our best to make Cabo the premier destination in Mexico.

We love tourists and take good care of our customers.
                  marTin

#10 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
                  • 427 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Thanks my guests have been asking. Is there something official that I can send them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users