What if you don't have the internet?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmb0902

jmb0902
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

My mom brought this up-

My STD magnet has minimal info--- like the date and our wedding web site. But what if our relatives/friends (some who are much older) don't have internet or don't know how to maneuver it?

I've thought of putting a little card in with some phone numbers or the TA or something on it... does anyone have a suggestion on what to do for this? I want to make sure everyone gets the info!

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

Are you planning on sending out formal invitations too? An STD can be anything as simple or with a lot of info on it too. I sent a little card w/ ours that had the TA's phone # and her website on it too, but if you are sending out formal invites too I think your STD's will be fine.

#3 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

I have the same problem, I know of a few relatives that do not use the internet and would have no clue! So on our STD's I put, "For more information please contact us or vist our website at..."

That way when my grandma contacts me I can just go over everything with her. When we send out the formal invitations we will probably include an insert with more information in case we missed anyone.

I am hoping this will work for us, but I'll be interested to see what everyone else suggests! Either way I am sure those that really want to attend will get ahold of you and make sure they have everything they need! Good Luck!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

If they don't know they will ring you

#5 DRB

DRB
          • 647 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

I think that if you also put something like "formal invitations to follow" on the cards that you may be less likely to get a whole slew of phone calls from the older invitees. Word also tends to get around so they'll probably still pick up info from other guests (or adult children/relatives who are invited and know how to maneuver the internet and can show them the site) so I wouldn't worry too much about it (of course I do have a couple older relatives who complain about everything so I guess it depends on your guests).

#6 bumbles

bumbles
            • 574 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

I like your idea of a card with the travel agent contact info, resort name, etc. The card can be a simple DIY print on colored paper with a ribbon on it to dress it up. Do you have many people who aren't tech inclined? We def experience the same situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users