Photo

Issues/Questions/Concerns/Safety Traveling to Mexico? POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#11 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for making this thread! I am not in the least bit worried about traveling to Mexico-I know it is the border cities involved in the civil war and not the Riviera Maya area. I am getting so sick of my potential guests saying "Mexico is dangerous" , "It is too scary", etc....ugh!

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

my hubby's whole family was so nervous to travel to Mexico because of all of the misconceptions they had. now they keep bugging us about when we can all go back! every country has it's "bad" and unsafe areas. you can't say a whole friggin' country is bad just because of a few news stories!

#13 JoLo908

JoLo908
      • 889 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

We just got back from Mexico, and from what we discovered, the media seemed to scare away a lot of Americans. There were tons of Europeans and Canadians, but we met a few Americans and they said that people warned them not to travel there as well. We had a great time, did not leave the resort at night, or drive at night. And I got mad at my father for making me hysterical!!

#14 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
        • 292 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

What is this Martial Law in Mexico I'm hearing...?

ANYONE..

#15 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

hi everyone, i added more links i found in the Cancun/RM forum to the first post in this thread, and closed all of those threads so the discussion can continue in this forum only, if necessary :)

thanks!

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

please do not start any new threads about this topic, they are starting to get very repeatative and are cluttering the forum. if we find any new threads they will be closed. please post in this thread instead. thanks!

#17 wedding0610

wedding0610
            • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

I was just about to ask on another forum about this. Glad I found this before I did. Planning a June 2010 in cabo and have been getting grief from the future MIL about all the dangers in Mexico. I'm going to lead her to this to help calm her nerves. Thanks again

#18 jennwo

jennwo
              • 189 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

My FI is temporarily living in Mexico right now for work and so I visit there regularly - in fact, I just got back from Mexico yesterday. There are alot of drug and police issues there for sure, but they are mostly isolated to certain areas (the boarder cities, Mexico City, etc.). Of course you are going to have bad places anywhere you go. We even drove 8 hours (some of it at night) in the backwoods of Mexico away from the city he lives in to Veracruz for the weekend and while the military inspections are unsettling (especially if you don’t speak Spanish really well), we were safe the entire time. Tourism is a huge economic contributor so most Mexicans bend over backwards to ensure you are safe and are having a great time. The media hype is insane. While it’s great to be cautious, don’t let this spoil your good time.

#19 katiaramirez

katiaramirez
                • 50 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info!!!

#20 waltandjean

waltandjean
                  • 177 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

Thank you for this post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users