Jump to content


When to have wedding? HELP

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slapsappyhappy

  • Jr. Member
  • 443 posts

    Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

    I am so confused. He already got the ring and we are getting engaged in March but have already decided on Moon Palace in Mexico.

    Most of my friends and family(and me) are teachers, so naturally if I want people there it would have to be in the summer or on a break, which I told him and he originally agreed. I wanted July or August of 2009. Now he is saying that is not enough time but my little sister just passed away suddenly a month ago and I am feeling that why should we wait because who knows what else is going to happen in the course of a long engagement. It is me being pessimistic and depressed but I don't want anyone else to die in between. What is the point in waiting for years for one day when you could just do it and get it over with. Parents don't get younger and anything could happen any day to any of us.

    Also some friends have expressed that it would be better to go somewhere warm during the winter instead of during the summer.

    The other option would be during Christmas/New Years vacation 2009 but the price is nearly double what it would cost during the summer, so that leaves February break in 2010 which is PEAK time, pricewise and capacity wise. His has a very small family that has money, but my family does not so this is stressing me out. Part of me doesn't care who is there but the other part wants to have it when people can come. Plus the prices are not going up these days... please help me with this as I am ready to just say screw the whole thing and elope. I really don't want to wait til summer 2010, so help me decide please!!!


    #2 Crisp Video

    Crisp Video
    • Newbie
    • 48 posts

      Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

      I've done over 500 weddings so I've seen a thing or two. Please do yourself a favor and sloooww down, take a deep breath, and find happiness in the now first. Then calmly, with your FI, discuss options. You can't be in a tremendous rush to have a relaxing day! It's usually not a good idea to make decisons
      when you're upset.

      Also, can you get off from work a few extra days for Thanksgiving? It is your wedding, not just a vacation. And people in cold climates yearn for a beach so strongly in the winter, I think that is your best bet.

      All the best,

      #3 Ginalyn

      • Sr. Member
      • 2,754 posts

        Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

        slapsappyhappy - first of all, I am sorry to hear about your sister. I am not sure that I can help you decide but if it helps, my FI and I had initially planned for our wedding to be Jan 2010. Like you said, that is peak time and the prices nearly double so we wouldn't have very many guests show up.

        Well, two weeks ago my FI and I made the decision to move our wedding up 6 months to June. Before we set the date, we called everyone who was important to us to see if they would be able to make it and luckily 90% of the people we called said they would be able to make it. I suggest that you call everyone who is important to you and see how they feel about you moving the date of your wedding and check to see if they already made some summer plans.

        Cheer up sweetie! It will all work out!

        #4 big3n09

        • Member
        • 616 posts

          Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

          I agree, decide who is important and if they can make it on the date you guys agree on. You can never plan around things that you don't know will come up or happen so decide what's most important to you guys and then go from there. Cheer up don't stress and whomever is not he physically will def be there in spirit!
          4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users